The all Sam Bradford thread

@JoeBuscaglia: "To be clear, Sam Bradford isnt demanding a trade. And the Rams arent interested in trading Bradford" - Jim Thomas of STL Post Dispatch

@ChrisBrownBills: Rams GM on plan for QB Bradford http://t.co/7ucApoFQSO

a different context on Yo's post :

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/19/8070833/sam-bradford-trade-rams-nfl-draft

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say the worst case scenario is that he gets hurt and EJ plays like EJ. Which means another lost season and another year of age on the defense.

he's 6-7 in games he's started and finished and that was under maroon. There's a reason he's not going into the season as a starter but I'm not going to act like he's never led the team to victory.

he's 6-7 in games he's started and finished and that was under maroon. There's a reason he's not going into the season as a starter but I'm not going to act like he's never led the team to victory.

I'm not saying he never led the team to victory. I'm saying he won't do it enough to prevent another lost season. I think the chances of Bradford not getting hurt are extremely low.

Bradford would certainly have to compete for the starting job, it wouldnt be handed to him. Why are you so against Bradford coming in? Isnt it better to have multiple options at QB? Do you really feel that we are ok going into the season with just EJ as the guy with no backup plan in case he doesnt develop or actually regresses?

jletha, what do you mean by "Bradford coming in"?

Do you mean "if St Louis cuts him and he's a FA, we should pursue him"?

Do you mean "we should offer a trade to St Louis and take on his $13M 2015 salary?"

I think everyone agrees we need multiple options at QB and no one is OK going into the season with just EJ and Tuel. Even if EJ lights the place up, injuries!

The thing is, except for the list of current FA, no one is just "coming in". Every QB will cost something - whatever we give up in trade plus their cap hit.

So you really can't trade for a lot of the guys people keep mentioning "to compete" , Bradford included. You have to be persuaded he's "the man" before you give away something good AND Get out the checkbook.

Just to note, as others have, that Bradford has two full 16-game seasons under his belt. We all think he's an injury waiting to happen, but look at Eric Wood. Guy couldn't finish a complete season his first four years in the league, now he's had two straight 16-game seasons.

Get Bradford and get AP and with this defense we would be the team to beat in the AFC overnight (OK maybe not but we would be right up there with the Pats finally). There shouldn't be a price that they shouldn't pay to make it happen. We have all of the pieces except a QB and a legit RB

Just to note, as others have, that Bradford has two full 16-game seasons under his belt. We all think he's an injury waiting to happen, but look at Eric Wood. Guy couldn't finish a complete season his first four years in the league, now he's had two straight 16-game seasons.

An excellent point to keep in mind. :beer:

Bradford also missed his senior year of college with an injury. Could you imagine him if was playing against the Houston Watts this year?

Fisher on ESPN right now, straight-up stated they are not trading Bradford. I dont doubt his agent was given permission to seek trades, but as others have speculated, it's most likely so they get a better idea of his value.

Of course, with the offseason being the offseason, it wouldnt surprise me to see him traded mere minutes after Fisher said they werent going to. LOL.

But there was no coach-speak, and it really sounded like they plan on having Bradford on their roster this season.

@ByJimCorbett: Jeff Fisher on Sam Bradford: "When we've had him, we're 5-2-1 in the division. We're counting on him. We're betting on him."

I was at one of the losses. His rookie year, last game of the season on Sunday Night in Seattle. Rams 7-8 vs Hawks 6-9. Winner wins the division and hosts a playoff game. The Clipboard Jesus led Hawks take the win. The following week the Hawks beat the Saints courtesy of the "Beat Quake".

Anyway, I was underwhelmed by Bradford's performance that night.

Go Bills !!

Get Bradford and get AP and with this defense we would be the team to beat in the AFC overnight (OK maybe not but we would be right up there with the Pats finally). There shouldn't be a price that they shouldn't pay to make it happen. We have all of the pieces except a QB and a legit RB

O-Line?