I Ran Into cablelady And PetrinoInBeacon Sunday Night!

PearlHowardman

I'm not exactly sure where we met but it was somewhere between Syracuse (where I'm from) and Binghamton but closer to Binghamton. It was outside and it was dark.

cablelady is from the Elmira area and we're both big Syracuse University football fans. After the Bills selected Doug Marrone as the new Bills head coach we were both very excited. We both felt that in the 2013 draft the Bills should have taken SU quarterback Ryan Nassib. Nassib and Marrone already had a working relationship which would have given Doug Marrone a decent first hear as an NFL head coach and he could have figured out what his QB needs for year two (this year) would need to be. The Bills never should have selected EJ Manue - for Doug Marrone's sake.

I didn't really talk with Henry Petrino, though. I think he was on his cell phone with Jay Rosen but he was listening to what cablelady and I talked about.

What's weird is that this happened on the night that the New England Patriots just beat the Buffalo Bills. Not only did the Bills loss weigh heavily on my mind but the reality that for the next two seasons, at least, the best the Bills can hope for is a wild card playoff slot finally sunk in! . NE has the AFCE locked up for the next two years, at least. I didn't mention this to cablelady. I also couldn't remember her name until today - it's Harriet.

It was about 11:45 PM when all of this occurred.

if this meeting happened closer to syracuse, you might have run into my friend from auburn. he lives in los angeles now. his brother is still there though. he's a music teacher. (the brother, that is. my friend is a sommelier.) i guess it's possible my friend might have been there if he decided to take a trip home or something. he's a good guy.

Edited by Dirtbag

if this meeting happened closer to syracuse, you might have run into my friend from auburn. he lives in los angeles now. his brother is still there though. he's a music teacher. (the brother, that is. my friend is a sommelier.) i guess it's possible my friend might have been there if he decided to take a trip home or something. he's a good guy.

i forgot to mention that my friend and his brother are both big syracuse fans as well. they like basketball much more than football though. my friend was indifferent to the marrone hiring. i had to tell him about the pinstripe bowl because he didn't know about it. i'm guessing that his brother didn't know about it either but i can't be sure. it might have been on the local news there.

When Henry Petrino was on his cell phone with Jay Rosen you could see that Henry was mad. I'm pretty sure he's angry about the lousy long-term QB situation the Bills have.

Just before I got there, Henry and Harriet were talking about how former President Bill Clinton calls the Buffalo Bills the 'Buffaluh Billyusses' - pretty funny.

Just before I got there, Henry and Harriet were talking about how former President Bill Clinton calls the Buffalo Bills the 'Buffaluh Billyusses' - pretty funny.

i like the way former president george h.w. bush calls them the "boboloh billiamssss." i'm sure henry and harriet covered that too, but probably before you got there.

Based on my study of Buddy Nix press conferences, I've concluded that his thumbs are in fact shaped like bananas. But I can't confirm (yet) that he is in fact our very own Bananathumb. Further updates to come as the investigation progresses...

Maybe I should have broken this news in a separate thread?

Edited by BillnutinHouston

If the meeting happened a little closer to Elmira you may have run into my eskimo brother Chas. Chas was related to Harriet in one way or another. Was there a guy wearing a tupee and no shoes? If so that is Chas.

Eskimos are from Alaska, which is not really close to Elmira. I watch a fair amount of TV, mostly about Alaska. Alaska:the last frontier, Alaska state troopers, and Dog the Bounty hunter (which is pretty much like a hot Alaska). I've never heard of an Alaskan Eskimo baby named Chas. I'm not saying you're making this up, but unless he was only part Eskimo, I think you made this up.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

Eskimos are from Alaska, which is not really close to Elmira. I watch a fair amount of TV, mostly about Alaska. Alaska:the last frontier, Alaska state troopers, and Dog the Bounty hunter (which is pretty much like a hot Alaska). I've never heard of an Alaskan Eskimo baby named Chas. I'm not saying you're making this up, but unless he was only part Eskimo, I think you made this up.

Many here seek to succeed crayonz. They all fail.