Boss - Starz/Neflix

/dev/null

I thought it was excellent. Kelsey Grammar is great in the role of mayor. I got quite into the storyline. Only lasted 2 seasons. Tough friday night time slot didn't help. I was very disappointed when it was canceled before the end of the 2nd season.

Edited by SmokinES3

I haven't seen it, but I remember when it was cancelled, Kelsey Grammer said it was purely because he was a self identified conservative, so the show went ignored by Hollywood...Grammer felt it was the best work he had ever done.

He's amazing in it and I'm a big Grammer fan. But that's not why it got canceled. It got canceled because Starz as a network (at the time) had no coherent development plan for their shows. Party Down comes to mind as another Starz gem that they let get away too soon.

He's amazing in it and I'm a big Grammer fan. But that's not why it got canceled. It got canceled because Starz as a network (at the time) had no coherent development plan for their shows. Party Down comes to mind as another Starz gem that they let get away too soon.

Yeah...must admit, I never heard of most of their shows, until they were out on DVD, and alredy cancelled. But, the "Hollywood coservative conspiracy" was Grammers' slant on its' cancellation, at least in part. I think he won a Golden Globe for the show..one of those things I will check out some day. I think he is pretty great in everything I have seen him in.

The chick they cast to play the daughter annoys me sometimes. You can tell she's not from North America and is way overcompensating an accent. But other than that, this series, plot, and cast is superb

Sucks they cancelled it after only 2 seasons. :(

The chick they cast to play the daughter annoys me sometimes. You can tell she's not from North America and is way overcompensating an accent. But other than that, this series, plot, and cast is superb

Sucks they cancelled it after only 2 seasons. :(

Indeed . . .I also didn't like they way they softened Grammer's character in the second season. The blonde chief of staff, though? Hubba, hubba! :thumbsup: