NFL Rewind Week 6 - Kyle Orton Unforced Error Review

Bocephuz

Unforced errors.. bad throws/ How did the O Line do?/ What mistakes are on the O-Line.. what ones are not?

I watched the NFL rewind all 22 and here is my unofficial count of how the O-Line did / How Kyle did on every pass play ( I may have missed a snap or two here.. but this should be 95% accurate)

DISCLAIMER ( I am not a coach, I don't know the hot reads or route combinations called.. this is just my educated perception of what happened on each pass play)

_______ ______________________

TOTAL PASS PLAY - 41 snaps ( last week was 44 .. The Bills having 40+ pass attempts is not a winning formula )

LINE BREAKDOWN - 11 snaps or 26% of pass plays ( defined as - O-Line clearly messed up and Kyle did not have much of a chance.. last week was 31% so pass protect was slightly better this week)

SUFFICIENT PROTECTION - 30 snaps or 74% of pass plays ( defined as O-Line did sufficient job and Kyle had time to throw).

UNFORCED KYLE ERRORS: - 6 snaps or 15 % of pass plays where he had time ( unforced error defined as Kyle having time and having unforced accuracy issues/ or taking bad sacks... last week it was 6 snaps or 20%)

Bottom Line - Almost carbon copy of last week.The O Line was slightly better than last week in pass protect.. however.. New England only rushed 3 or 4 on a good number of plays. Orton generally handled the pressure well. The INT was totally on him.Of the 6 unforced errors 3 were egregiously off target. Orton took a few sacks however.. in seeing the All 22 you can't really put the sacks totally on him as coverage was excellent on those plays. There were several egregious drops in the 4q.

PLAYS OF NOTE

- Deep ball to Goodwin in Q1 appears to either be miscommunication or bad route by Goodwin ( most likely the latter)

-He had plenty of time on the INT.. just made a bad decision

- Strip sack is on Cordy Glenn who got beat badly ( he had a rough day)

- Overthrow at end of Q2 to Goodwin was a poor choice ( Goodwin is not a good jump ball guy like Mike Williams is)

-Sack at the end of the half in FG range not on Orton ( all 22 shows that receivers were all blanketed and also Pears was beaten badly ( Pears also had a rough day)

-;Pass to Watkins in 3Q near goal line was great play by Orton ( Pears and Henderson were both soundly beat)

I appreciate the analysis but I wonder when Orton is sacked, especially in FG range, could he have thrown the ball away?

I appreciate the analysis but I wonder when Orton is sacked, especially in FG range, could he have thrown the ball away?

watching the broadcast i thought he took a bad sack there.. However the all 22 shows blanket coverage with Woods just starting to break free on a crossing route.right before Ortin gets hit... If Orton has another split second he would have hit Woods but Pears couldn"t hold his block.

Sack is on Glenn, the fumble is on Orton. Brady got crushed by Hughes and held onto the ball.

Marrone was trying to blame the RB on Monday for the interception saying the defender was supposed to cover the RB but the RB did not run his pattern. Don't know who the RB was and why they did not get in their route ( got caught in traffic or did not run correct play). To me it looked like Orton should have seen the guy and had time to throw elsewhere.

Sack is on Glenn, the fumble is on Orton. Brady got crushed by Hughes and held onto the ball.

Marrone was trying to blame the RB on Monday for the interception saying the defender was supposed to cover the RB but the RB did not run his pattern. Don't know who the RB was and why they did not get in their route ( got caught in traffic or did not run correct play). To me it looked like Orton should have seen the guy and had time to throw elsewhere.

Anyone who has access to the all22 care to chime in? Who was the RB, and did he appear to slack on running the route?

Anyone who has access to the all22 care to chime in? Who was the RB, and did he appear to slack on running the route?

It was Fred . He stayed in to help Chandler block Ninkovich but from the looks of the play design Fred was supposed to go 5 yards and out to the sideline which wouldve cleared out the linebacker and gave a clear passing lane . It tough to say whether or not Orton should've seen him because he came diving in from the right side

It was Fred . He stayed in to help Chandler block Ninkovich but from the looks of the play design Fred was supposed to go 5 yards and out to the sideline which wouldve cleared out the linebacker and gave a clear passing lane . It tough to say whether or not Orton should've seen him because he came diving in from the right side

Well Fred's earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to these things. If he stayed to block I have to assume he did it for good reason. In the end it only reason #492 why we lost on Sunday.