Stevan Ridley, Jerod Mayo out for year for Pats

YoloinOhio

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doesn't ever seem to matter with that f-kng team - 12-4 - Division crown and a bye.

does seem that way, but they do have a loss in the division and looked pretty average to bad the first 4 weeks. We may not be able to beat them but other teams can. They have a pretty rough schedule patch coming up. You never know.

This is not a commentary on Ridleys injury, but that was a vicious tackle by Gilmore, I think, on that play.

I was proud. Jim Schwartz or Donnie H must have put extra starch in his jock strap ! Edited by 3rdand12

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 2h2 hours ago

As for Jerod Mayo, difficult blow for the Patriots. He's the heart-and-soul, and now his future in New England has to be in question.

In '15, Jerod Mayo will be at same point in a big contract as Mankins, Moss, Seymour when they were jettisoned. His '15 cap number: $10.6M.

Patriots RB Stevan Ridley tore his ACL as an LSU soph during 2009 spring practice. Was back for fall camp. This tear is in the same knee.

Edited by Reed83HOF

As for Jerod Mayo, difficult blow for the Patriots. He's the heart-and-soul, and now his future in New England has to be in question.

In '15, Jerod Mayo will be at same point in a big contract as Mankins, Moss, Seymour when they were jettisoned. His '15 cap number: $10.6M.

Patriots RB Stevan Ridley tore his ACL as an LSU soph during 2009 spring practice. Was back for fall camp. This tear is in the same knee.

bye Mayo. Get ready to be traded for some UDFA from Rutgers.

glad to see them gone.. but not like that

glad to see them gone.. but not like that

You're glad to see them gone.... But not like that?

How else would they get injured in a full contact sport? Orton breathing his hot ass breath on them??? I dont think so.

Not all players go down by themselves after a sack dance!!!!!

Where the nfl is heading, the hardest hit will be a slap on the butt or a hard hi-five. Super lame!

Hate to see players hurt so badly, but even though it didn't help us on Sunday as others pointed out, it may help us long term. I don't want us playing dirty and purposely hurting guys, but we are clearly playing physical and I like that, as long as we are disciplined.

Hate to see players hurt so badly, but even though it didn't help us on Sunday as others pointed out, it may help us long term. I don't want us playing dirty and purposely hurting guys, but we are clearly playing physical and I like that, as long as we are disciplined.

it may have had a bigger impact if they went out of our game sooner. If I recall, it was relatively late in the game. These injuries could very well affect them in the coming weeks.

we are . Calvin Johnson for example . I was chastised for opening a post with how hard the defenese was playing .

I am proud of them . they all hitting harder and in full pursuit.

I have seen no dirty plays excepting Spikes ( every team needs one it seems ) see Run defense stats ).

Yep. they are that good.

bitches.

Pretty sure we've 'removed' star opposition in every game. Marshall & Jeffries in Chicago. Brandon returned, but was hobbled. Moreno from Miami, SD's RB (name slips me), Megatron and now Pats*

If ANYTHING is different this season, it's usually US who lose half our starters by this point in the season.

Pretty sure we've 'removed' star opposition in every game. Marshall & Jeffries in Chicago. Brandon returned, but was hobbled. Moreno from Miami, SD's RB (name slips me), Megatron and now Pats*

If ANYTHING is different this season, it's usually US who lose half our starters by this point in the season.

Thats a startling difference in this team that few have noticed it seems.

Besides you of course !

Yeah sure! Tackle Gronk high and get run over! Great idea. :doh:

That's the thing. How else are you supposed to take a guy like that down? Also, emphasis on head shots has made guys go low more often. This was brought up last year or the year before when the Texans guy tore up the Dolphins' TE's knee in the opener. How else is a 5'10" 195 lb guy supposed to take down a 6'5" 260lb guy esp when head shots are a huge point of emphasis?