Hackett's inability to scheme; go the Wal-Mart way

rcatty

Ever wonder why certain businesses fail, and others prosper? Why is K-mart crumbling, while Wal-Mart tops the charts? Why do the Bills consistently fall on their a___s, while teams like the Patriots flourish?

Hmmm, gets me thinking. Why not try and copy or emulate a successful model? Wal-mart wins because they do some things (pricing, merchandising) much better than K-mart. The Pats know how to use Edelman, and Gronkowski in ways that we don't even dream about. Take yesterday, while Edelman was running criss-crossing patterns and delays over the middle of the field, and getting wide open, we ignored Sammy. Why? Did we run Sammy over the middle? Did we utilize pics and delays like the Pats (I saw one time, when we got called for it). It is virtually impossible to cover a speed guy over the middle for 5-8 yd passes. The Pats make a meal out of it. When you close in to tighten up your coverage they burn you deep. They clearly are a Wal-Mart. Yet instead of doing what they do, we try to come up with our own inferior form of competition, if you will, the K-mart way.

All you have to do is copy their model, use it, and make improvements to it. The Japanese did this about 50-60 years ago with automobiles, and consumer electronics. They have been world leaders ever since.

The Pats use a top notch tight end, sometimes two. They have utilized that approach for years, very successfully. They rely upon the slot receiver to get open over the middle etc. Just look at Wes Welker's stats against the Bills. I remember one game not too long ago when he caught 17 passes.

You have two speed burners in Sammy, and Goodwin. They can easily out-do Edelman, . All you have to do is copy the Pats playbook, and improve upon it. It ain't rocket science.