Did anyone else at the game notice a ton of... Pats fans?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope all those Bills fans made good coin selling their tickets on Stubhub.

I agree with the above.

It was a big let down to see all the Pats fans there. I get people want to make money to pay for (some if not all) the cost of the season ticket prices. Why have season tickets then? These Bills fans lose some credibility. This was one of the biggest games (for many reasons) in a very long time.

Maybe the Bills have to start offering some incentive or penalty for season ticket holders to actually use their tickets instead of selling them.

Maybe the Bills have to start offering some incentive or penalty for season ticket holders to actually use their tickets instead of selling them.

First of all how would you tell, ID everyone who comes in with a season ticket?

Second the Bills as a business do not care who goes, as long as the tickets are sold so they are not about to alienate customers regardless of their team affiliation.

Third, there are season ticket holders who do not live anywhere near Buffalo and cannot go to every home game. How could you penalize them for financially supporting the team?

Edited by CodeMonkey

First of all how would you tell, ID everyone who comes in with a season ticket?

Second the Bills as a business do not care who goes, as long as the tickets are sold so they are not about to alienate customers regardless of their team affiliation.

Third, there are season ticket holders who do not live anywhere near Buffalo and cannot go to every home game. How could you penalize them for financially supporting the team?

Regarding the third one: you can't legislate anything these days, it seems, when it comes to ticketed events. But on the other hand, these season ticket holders are basically mercenaries and profiteers making the most money they can, off of Bills fans or rival fans. When they want to show up, that's great, but I don't like feeling like I'm on even footing with a rival team's fans in my own stadium.

On the other hand, I'd rather people were restricted in buying tickets that they weren't using (perhaps allowed to sell two games per season or something to that effect). Inflating the price of the product without adding any value simply sucks.

I agree with the above.

It was a big let down to see all the Pats fans there. I get people want to make money to pay for (some if not all) the cost of the season ticket prices. Why have season tickets then? These Bills fans lose some credibility. This was one of the biggest games (for many reasons) in a very long time.

I have seasons and live 457 miles away, I make as many games as a possible, but there are some that I cannot make, For me, every game is a road game. should I not support the team and region by becoming a Jets fan? Should I stop being a Bills fan?

As per the rules for owning the tickets, if I sell them on Stub hub or give them to someone, I am responsible for that persons behavior (look at the Detroit laser guy, the owner of the seats is penalized because he gave them to a friend who used a laser on our players). The Bills offer ticketmaster as an alternative way to sell the tickets, this allows me to resell the tickets but not be penalized if the person sitting in that seat is a jerk off. I offered the tickets up for sale, Bills fans had the opportunity to purchase them, if they did not, that is not my fault, I wish that it is always a Bills fan sitting there if I can't make it, but I don't control that.

if I were to be penalized for selling the seats I would drop them. I am not the only person who lives out of the area that owns seasons. Creating a "no reselling" policy would make it unreasonable to me and any other holders who are willing to buy the tickets but cannot make all of the games. Would the Bills rather have me guaranteeing $1800 for the pair of seats, or would they prefer to go into the season with open seats? When the Bills have a waiting list like other teams you can make those bold proclamations and demands. In the meantime Einstein, show me how I can guarantee that I can sell my tickets to Bills fans at fair market value and not lose out on the deal. The last 2 years I had several games that did not sell, will you be compensating me for the donations to the team? Can I call you when the tickets are going to be unsold so that you can cover my losses?

Regarding the third one: you can't legislate anything these days, it seems, when it comes to ticketed events. But on the other hand, these season ticket holders are basically mercenaries and profiteers making the most money they can, off of Bills fans or rival fans. When they want to show up, that's great, but I don't like feeling like I'm on even footing with a rival team's fans in my own stadium.

On the other hand, I'd rather people were restricted in buying tickets that they weren't using (perhaps allowed to sell two games per season or something to that effect). Inflating the price of the product without adding any value simply sucks.

As soon as the Bills can challenge a decent team, then I suspect Bills fans won't be outnumbered at the Ralph for any games. I suspect a lot of people had little expectations of the Bills winning yesterday. A lot of them probably sold their tickets to that game as soon as they got them knowing Pats* fans would buy them. Plus they did not know at that time that it would be Pegula day at the Ralph.

It's pretty obvious why Bills fans in attendance wouldn't like it. Particularly the a-holes that like to harass the opponents fans and can't feel safety in numbers. I can't imagine the players care for it either. But it is what it is and I would expect the same when the Browns come to town and maybe even the pack. With the Jests sucking this season that game may be safe.

And I am with you about scalping sucking.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I agree with the above.

sometimes it's not fans that buy tickets. Scalping is big business.

There have the biggest group of bandwagon fans in all sports. Because the Bills have been bad, there are lot of younger folks who just jumped on their bandwagon.

They are the tools that freaked out when NE was 2-2. They never had to deal with any adversity.

My kids have pretty much jumped off of the Sabres bandwagon, but not the Bills for some reason. Though they expect neither team to do well.

The Bills have sucked their entire lives. The Sabres though ripped their hearts out trading certain players that they liked, then sucked to boot. Hard to blame any young people for losing faith in either team.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Pats* fans have come out in force for several years now, it's nothing new, unfortunately.

I have seasons and live 457 miles away, I make as many games as a possible, but there are some that I cannot make, For me, every game is a road game. should I not support the team and region by becoming a Jets fan? Should I stop being a Bills fan?

As per the rules for owning the tickets, if I sell them on Stub hub or give them to someone, I am responsible for that persons behavior (look at the Detroit laser guy, the owner of the seats is penalized because he gave them to a friend who used a laser on our players). The Bills offer ticketmaster as an alternative way to sell the tickets, this allows me to resell the tickets but not be penalized if the person sitting in that seat is a jerk off. I offered the tickets up for sale, Bills fans had the opportunity to purchase them, if they did not, that is not my fault, I wish that it is always a Bills fan sitting there if I can't make it, but I don't control that.

if I were to be penalized for selling the seats I would drop them. I am not the only person who lives out of the area that owns seasons. Creating a "no reselling" policy would make it unreasonable to me and any other holders who are willing to buy the tickets but cannot make all of the games. Would the Bills rather have me guaranteeing $1800 for the pair of seats, or would they prefer to go into the season with open seats? When the Bills have a waiting list like other teams you can make those bold proclamations and demands. In the meantime Einstein, show me how I can guarantee that I can sell my tickets to Bills fans at fair market value and not lose out on the deal. The last 2 years I had several games that did not sell, will you be compensating me for the donations to the team? Can I call you when the tickets are going to be unsold so that you can cover my losses?

This is me also. My work schedule can change on a few hours notice. Yesterday I was flying to Denver during the game. So I put my seats up on Ticket Exchange so I'd at least get something for them, instead of eating the cost.

This is me, too. I can make a few games a year but I plan it out way ahead of time for flights, etc. The others I give to family/friends but sometimes sell them through the NFL/Ticketmaster arrangement. I sold my Pats tix on TM but have no idea whether it was a Pats* or Bills fan.

After so many disappointments over the past decade+, now I try to pick games to attend that I feel the Bills may have a decent opportunity to win. I am flying up for the Vikes game next Sunday. When the Bills demonstrate that they are a decent team, then I will select the Pats* games to attend or try to get to all of them in person. I hope Bills mgmt figures that out soon as I am looking forward to that.