Patriots at Bills Postgame

Fred Jackson: "A missed opportunity" (02:16)

Bills running back Fred Jackson addresses the media following the team's game with the Patriots. He discusses turnovers and the penalties on the offensive side of the ball.

Kyle Williams: "They got turnovers, we didn't" (02:02)

Bills defensive tackle Kyle Williams talks after the team's game vs. the Patriots. He discusses the defense not being able to generate turnovers and the second half mistakes.

Scott Chandler: "We've Got To Be More Consistent" (3:00)

Scott Chandler talks about having 100+ yards receiving against the Patriots and the need for the offense to be more consistent.

Kyle Orton Postgame Press Conference (5:49)

The Bills quarterback talks about the 37-22 loss to the Patriots.

Orton: Got to get Sammy involved sooner

Bills top wideout Sammy Watkins did not get targeted in Buffalo’s passing game until the third quarter. He was matched up in the game against Patriots CB Darrelle Revis, but even QB Kyle Orton admitted that they cannot go a full half of a game without trying to get Watkins more involved in the offense

Watkins on Revis matchup

Bills WR Sammy Watkins wasn’t much of a factor in Sunday’s game, which left him a bit surprised, but he gave an insightful synopsis on his matchup with Darrelle Revis Sunday and learned a lot. He hopes to take better advantage of the matchup the second time around in the season finale.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Got to get Sammy involved sooner."

How is that not the game plan right from the start? You traded away next year's first for this guy. He's got loads of talent and play-making ability.

We shouldn't be hearing "Got to get Sammy involved sooner" in a post-game PC.

How is that not the game plan right from the start? You traded away next year's first for this guy. He's got loads of talent and play-making ability.

No we should not. These coaches are not on the same page as their GM.

Observations: Patriots 37 - Bills 22

By Joe Buscaglia

In front of one of the loudest crowds one will witness at Ralph Wilson Stadium, the Buffalo Bills had a week’s worth of jubilation that surrounded them with their onlooking fans. The Pegula family officially closed on the franchise on Friday, which led to a raucous environment inside the gates at One Bills Drive.

Over the past six months, the urgency that the Pegulas displayed to assure themselves that they would get the franchise was notable. Their employees on the field, at least on Sunday, did not display a similar brand of eagerness and fell prey to the rival New England Patriots 37-22.

Where did it all go wrong? Some observations from the game:

Turnovers, penalties help Pats in 37-22 win over Bills

Three first-half turnovers led to all of New England’s scoring through the first two quarters.

GAME PHOTOS: Patriots vs. Bills

Photos of the week 6 matchup between the Buffalo Bills and the New England Patriots.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Perhaps a shot at Hackett/Moron? They both need to go. I've defended them, but no more. Moron/Hackett trying to punt with 6 minutes left, Orton waiving them off, then leading a TD drive.

No we should not. These coaches are not on the same page as their GM.

hopefully they will be GONNNNNNNNNNNNE!

1st down told the story

Bills first down summary

27 plays, 66 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 2 fumbles lost, seven incompletions, four plays negative yardage

Avg. gain per first down play – 2.44 yards

Patriots first down summary

31 plays, 184 yards, 2 TDs, four incompletions, four plays negative yardage

Avg. gain per first down play – 5.93 yards

Doug Marrone: "They Won the Execution Battle" (6:32)

Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about missed opportunities due to lack of execution and the decision to deactivate Mike Williams.

Doug Marrone on the Turnover Battle (5:30)

Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about how turnovers and penalties hurt the Bills on Sunday.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Perhaps a shot at Hackett/Moron? They both need to go. I've defended them, but no more. Moron/Hackett trying to punt with 6 minutes left, Orton waiving them off, then leading a TD drive.

That was an incredibly stupid call. I loved how Orton just took over right there. I would have loved to see what he could have done if he'd gotten the ball back.

@BrandonSpikes51

Adversity causes some men to break, not this one. We learn, we build, we're stronger for tomorrow #Buffalostrong #billsmafia #Gobills

They are conservative to a fault.

@JohnKryk

In 2nd half Brady was 15-of-17, 274 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs. On last 3 visits to The Ralph in 2nd half he's 43-of-62 for 539 yds, 6 TDs, 0 INTs

And those #Patriots 2nd-half drives in '12/'13/'14 have ended in 9 TDs, 4 FGs, 3 punts, and 1 fumble. A 3-to-1 TD-to-punt ratio. Sick.

Leave it Tom Brady to deflate the Bills and their fans — again

Five head coaches, five general managers and now two owners later, Tom Brady is still doing it.

Still killing the Bills.

John Murphy & Mark Kelso recap Patriot loss on WBEN: http://media.wben.com/hosting/media/wben/1578676/101314-750am-john-murphy-mark-kelso.mp3 (5:35)

@WGR550

"He's a competitor. He's a fighter. He's a guy that's going to keep coming to work everyday"

Jackson: "We didn't get the ball to Sammy like we needed to. That's something we can't do"

I agree, that does tell the story. Our offense is entirely predictable and unimaginative. The Patriots, like most every other team and fans, have figured it out and we consistently start in a hole.

I truly hate that I can sit on my couch and know exactly what play is coming, what gap they're running to, what play is coming after this one fails! And I'm not even that smart.

I agree, that does tell the story. Our offense is entirely predictable and unimaginative. The Patriots, like most every other team and fans, have figured it out and we consistently start in a hole.

I truly hate that I can sit on my couch and know exactly what play is coming, what gap they're running to, what play is coming after this one fails! And I'm not even that smart.

Opponent's film study seems pretty elementary in terms of preparing for the Bills. Not hard to figure out what's coming. Other coaching staffs seem to be able to show something unexpected from week to week.

@JaySkurski

BN Blitz: Fourth-quarter analysis: Mario Williams, Jerry Hughes sit for decisive drive http://bills.buffalo...drive/ … via @TheBuffaloNews