College games Bills are scouting today

YoloinOhio

I don't love Hundley but he may play behind the worst OL ever. He would be better off behind UB's line. Outside of Mariota I am really not a fan of this QB class.

Hundley really wasn't pressured much today; Oregon rushed 3 men most of the day. Hundley gets happy feet and he is just a very inaccurate passer.

Besides Mariota, I think Connor Cook might be the best prospect this year.

Hundley really wasn't pressured much today; Oregon rushed 3 men most of the day. Hundley gets happy feet and he is just a very inaccurate passer.

Cook has all the tools and can thread the needle and can be clutch, needs to clean up his feet a little bit and work on some decision making but overall I would be stoked if we get him

Cook has all the tools and can thread the needle and can be clutch, needs to clean up his feet a little bit and work on some decision making but overall I would be stoked if we get him

He'll be long gone.

Agree, I didn't watch today but I did last week. It looked like David Carr's rookie year.

Cook looks like a player and MSU has 3 guys starting at the moment in the league.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

We already have Hundley on this team and he was just benched for Orton. As NFL prospects, EJ and Hundley are really similar.

I was going to say the exact same thing but did not want to start another EJ thread.

Wow, college officiating is horrible. They have zero concept of what constitutes pass interference. They just handed Baylor the game.

totally agree. Horrible call.

Also, The offsides calls on the Penn St. onside kick was quite possibly the worst call of all time. I hate that officiating crew, did many OSU games.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Meh.... I've watched Hackenburg twice this season against Akron and Rutgers. I am not seeing what you guys are seeing. Now I didn't see him last year at all and I admit 2 games is hardly sufficient on which to make a judgment but I still need convincing. He has nice arm talent and he can make plays when things break down, but I am not seeing the natural feel for the game that some of you are. Now I accept they might be two of his poorer performances and there is still some way to go and he has more time in the college game to develop but I will have to see more of him and more of him playing better to be convinced.

Meh.... I've watched Hackenburg twice this season against Akron and Rutgers. I am not seeing what you guys are seeing. Now I didn't see him last year at all and I admit 2 games is hardly sufficient on which to make a judgment but I still need convincing. He has nice arm talent and he can make plays when things break down, but I am not seeing the natural feel for the game that some of you are. Now I accept they might be two of his poorer performances and there is still some way to go and he has more time in the college game to develop but I will have to see more of him and more of him playing better to be convinced.

As others have said his OL is atrocious. Not only is he constantly scrambling away from the pressure his run game is nearly nonexistent. Last year as a freshman was more telling about his talent level and precocious understanding on reading defenses. There is no doubt that he needs a couple of additional years of playing in college before he is ready for the pro ranks.

Penn St and the Bills are good examples how not having good line play hinders what your qb can do. If the play of the OL is at a reasonable standard the talents of the skill players will be better utilized. Grunt work doesn't get a lot of glory but it is critical for success.

Edited by JohnC