DeAndre Hopkins - No Effort on Game-ending fumble

thebandit27

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im obviously taking this a lot less seriously than the rest of you, but even the full effort of 52 other players cannot move the Sun in the Universe.

That 53rd player is Fitz, and just like the Sun in the sky, he was going to turn it over on that last drive. If Hopkins recovers that fumble, Fitz is throwing a pick on the next play. Even JJ Watt taking it on himself to be the best offensive player cant overcome that Fitzmagic we know so well.

I'm going to give those players a pass because... well, Im not their coach, and in reality, we arent in a position to give them a pass or not.

I think this is BS. Fitz played a decent game. They were getting crushed from the 1st Q and he led them on some decent drives and kept his cool.

You'd think with FItzy being on a new team, some guys could look at things rationally. Guess not.

Like I said, you guys are taking this way more seriously than I am.

Call me irrational for guessing that Fitz would turn it over on that last drive all you want. It happened. Again.

Edited by DrDareustein

Yeah, that really was shameful by Hopkins. Felt bad for Fitz to lose the game that way. Uncanny how he almost always makes the big mistake when the game's on the line.

Now that he's gone, I choose to remember him by those great performances against Oakland and New England at the beginning of 2011. Truly Fitzmagic in those games.

Hopkins: 'I thought too much' on recovery chance

Following the Houston Texans' failed comeback attempt Thursday night, J.J. Watt said he needed to "find a way to do more."

One Texan who appeared to have a chance to do more was DeAndre Hopkins. The receiver was the closest Houston player with a chance to recover the game-sealing Ryan Fitzpatrick fumble in the closing minutes.

closer to an acceptable answer - but at this point it just comes off as "i thought it wouldnt be fun diving in there"

Sounds more to me like: "I know I'm supposed to take responsibility, so fine, I will, but it really isn't my fault."

At least based on the full quote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/10/deandre-hopkins-takes-the-blame-for-not-trying/

“The game doesn’t come down to one play [but], I’ll take the blame.”

Call me irrational for guessing that Fitz would turn it over on that last drive all you want. It happened. Again.

Yes, Fitz turned it over at the end, just like you called it. Fitz couldn't pull off a 90-yard winning drive. What a loser. But Andre Johnson just drops the ball near the red zone with 4 minutes to go in what could have been a game winning scoring drive, and you're pointing the finger at Fitz???

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This is actually what it looked like. Almost like he was sizing it up and over-thinking it.

That said, what really bothered me is that it was a horrible football play. He let two guys who were further from him and slower than him recover the game-clinching fumble. I would pin the loss on him, moreso than on Fitz. He should be criticized for being gutless, for making a bad play, and making lame post-game excuses.

I thought I was the only one that noticed this:

https://twitter.com/...419757481136129

If I were Bill O'Brien I'd sit him for a game. Not going for a game-ending fumble out of an apparent desire not to get hurt?

Shameful.

Oh, and nice job taking some responsibility, DeAndre:

“That was a long game,” Hopkins said. “There is about an hour or 60 minutes in a game and I don’t think that five seconds or however long decided the outcome of the game. We had a lot of turnovers and they had turnovers. It’s football.”

Well, we know the guy is not the sharpest of tools in the shed so I think it isn't that big of a surprise. The response that is. B-)

Yes, Fitz turned it over at the end, just like you called it. Fitz couldn't pull off a 90-yard winning drive. What a loser. But Andre Johnson just drops the ball near the red zone with 4 minutes to go in what could have been a game winning scoring drive, and you're pointing the finger at Fitz???

Not sure why you guys are getting so worked up defending Fitz's honor against a (sad) joke. I love me some Fitz. Great guy. But will always turn it over trying to win the game on the last drive.

Im obviously taking this a lot less seriously than the rest of you, but even the full effort of 52 other players cannot move the Sun in the Universe.

That 53rd player is Fitz, and just like the Sun in the sky, he was going to turn it over on that last drive. If Hopkins recovers that fumble, Fitz is throwing a pick on the next play. Even JJ Watt taking it on himself to be the best offensive player cant overcome that Fitzmagic we know so well.

I'm going to give those players a pass because... well, Im not their coach, and in reality, we arent in a position to give them a pass or not.

I found myself rooting for Fitz there at the end. But I had that same feeling that somehow he would find a way to couph up the ball. And then it happened. Like you said as sure as the sun coming up.

Fitzy gonna fitz

Yes, he fumbled but my God, he was hammered and hammered and hammered all game and he still brought them back within one score. A guy needs a little help from his team, y'know?

That was a pretty poor and lackadaisical effort on his part.

Effort? There was an effort on his part?

Not sure why you guys are getting so worked up defending Fitz's honor against a (sad) joke. I love me some Fitz. Great guy. But will always turn it over trying to win the game on the last drive.

I think the point is, if the other 52 guys played differently, it wouldn't be up to Fitz to win the game with a 90 yd drive in the last few seconds with no time outs.

He is what he is. A few clutch, miraculous QB could pull that one off consistently. Most can't. If his D didn't spot them a 28 point lead and the refs weren't blind to offensive holding, he wouldn't have to be the clutch, miraculous QB he isn't. If he hadn't been getting pounded like a 9 inch nail all game he might have had more in the tank to go with.

Like I said, you guys are taking this way more seriously than I am.

I was listening on the radio driving home last night and they said he fumbled and I said "of course he did"

Loved Fitz and how hard he played but he was hardly clutch