Help Slash find an old friend

truth on hold

I just heard a story the other day about how Joe Perry in the early 80's had to sell a '59 Les Paul to pay bills. Many years later Slash turned up with it on the cover of a magazine, after several years of asking to buy it back, Slash gave it back to Joe at one of his birthday parties. Seems odd, now slash is looking for a long lost guitar... huh.

That was another great Stern interview. Also interesting that Steven Tyler's lyrics on Sweet Emotion are about his jealousy of Joe Perry's wife and that Steven also lost all the original lyrics for the first album in the back of a cab.

According to this in the mid-80's the 1959's were selling for $6k, now they're worth at least $400k

$750,000.00 Les Paul: http://youtu.be/KjGaJj_-itE

Jimmy Page bought the 59 Standard ( called by him #1 he has 2 of them) burst from Joe Walsh for 1800 bucks in 69. The james gang toured with Zep that tour and opened for them in Klienhans Music Hall.Page permanently put down the slab board tele he was using after this fell in his hands. The 59 was stolen out of storage and ransomed for a huge sum in the mid 70's between tours. page payed the ransom.

Mid 80's prices in SF for a 59 burst, when and if they came to market in rough shape cost 60K and comsidered a deal at the time. i have no idea where the 6 K price came from but from experience it is incorrrect. today a clean completely original burst can easily exceed one million. For anyone interested on the 59 standard the book named "the million dollar guitar" ( i think) is a good place to start. Mike Bloomfield and Peter Green were some of the first guitarists to figure out that the 59's were 6 string heaven in the mid 60's. Mick Taylor got one soon after. Slash has been quietly trying to purchase Pages for several years and it ain't happening.

Jimmy Page bought the 59 Standard ( called by him #1 he has 2 of them) burst from Joe Walsh for 1800 bucks in 69. The james gang toured with Zep that tour and opened for them in Klienhans Music Hall.Page permanently put down the slab board tele he was using after this fell in his hands. The 59 was stolen out of storage and ransomed for a huge sum in the mid 70's between tours. page payed the ransom.

Mid 80's prices in SF for a 59 burst, when and if they came to market in rough shape cost 60K and comsidered a deal at the time. i have no idea where the 6 K price came from but from experience it is incorrrect. today a clean completely original burst can easily exceed one million. For anyone interested on the 59 standard the book named "the million dollar guitar" ( i think) is a good place to start. Mike Bloomfield and Peter Green were some of the first guitarists to figure out that the 59's were 6 string heaven in the mid 60's. Mick Taylor got one soon after. Slash has been quietly trying to purchase Pages for several years and it ain't happening.

makes more sense, the $6K to $400K+ that fast didn't sound right