Friday 4 PM Presser to Introduce Pegulas as the New Owners.

First, I don't think it makes him look like a fool. At the time that is what he truly believed.

But more important, I don't understand the line of thinking that jut because keeping status quo did not turn out well for him one time that means he no longer believes in that. That's crazy thinking. Keeping status quo works all the time all over the world. Do you, or does anyone think a guy like that is going to think to myself,"Damn, I went with my gut that last time and it didn't work, I am never going with my gut again? Next time I won't be so dumb, I'm starting from scratch."

Not a chance.

Any smart person goes into those situations and evaluates them independently, and just because it didn't work on the Sabres one time, he is not going to change his belief in loyalty, or people he thinks are doing good jobs before he got there to keep them there.

I just heard him in the Murph interview. He clearly thinks Brandon is doing a great job and probably includes Whaley in that, too. He said that the team is clearly on the upswing, and as soon as Ralph turned the team over to Brandon things started getting much better in the last two years because he believes organizations take their clues from the leaders at the top, and Ralph was so ill in the years before that.

I agree so let me clarify. The fool part was in regard to the Sabres version of Jerry(Bucky, funny that they have a show together) being the person that thinks his a fool. I was on board with keeping Ruff and letting Darcy go at the start.

As for the issue of making a mistake, that was kind of my point about having people ready to go but not saying anything at the time of the presser and just focusing on the moment. I'm sure he has a guy or 2 or 10 for all I know lined up ready to evaluate the team from top to bottom but just feel like things like that weren't part of his agenda today.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree so let me clarify. The fool part was in regard to the Sabres version of Jerry(Bucky, funny that they have a show together) being the person that thinks his a fool. I was on board with keeping Ruff and letting Darcy go at the start.

As for the issue of making a mistake, that was kind of my point about having people ready to go but not saying anything at the time of the presser and just focusing on the moment. I'm sure he has a guy or 2 or 10 for all I know lined up ready to evaluate the team from top to bottom but just feel like things like that weren't part of his agenda today.

Got it. Agree. I'm sure he will put a few people in there that are his guys, and evaluate the team. I'm also sure he is going to keep Brandon and Whaley, and likely Marrone unless we tank badly, which doesn't look like it will happen.

He is a fan. Most fans of the Bills see a clear difference in the team over the last two years. I think it's glaringly obvious. Others don't but I think most Bills fans think Brandon and Whaley are doing well in their respective jobs since they got those jobs. It looks like Pegula does, too.

Got it. Agree. I'm sure he will put a few people in there that are his guys, and evaluate the team.

Which essentially was Sully's question, and not whether Pegula will start cleaning house tomorrow.

Pegula declined to disclose how ownership of the team is divided between him and his wife. The couple lives in Florida and will maintain permanent residence in that state.

Pegula also did not address the future of coach Doug Marrone or general manager Doug Whaley, who both are in their second seasons in their current positions with the team.

"I wouldn't automatically assume there's going to be changes. We sit here, owning the team a few days. So I haven't given that any discussion. We like the job Russ [brandon] is doing with the organization," Pegula said. "We're learning as we go."

Brandon, meanwhile, voiced strong support for Marrone and Whaley, whom he hired last year.

"We're 21 games into Doug Marrone and Doug Whaley's career. We're one draft into Doug Whaley's career as a Buffalo Bills general manager," he said. "You've heard me say it many times: How you don't win is having seven head coaches, nine offensive coordinators, seven defensive coordinators and six general managers since 1998.

"We need continuity and we need to continue to play winning football, and we're pleased with everything that is happening on the field right now."

Terry Pegula: Stadium will take time: http://espn.go.com/n...nce-new-stadium

Which essentially was Sully's question, and not whether Pegula will start cleaning house tomorrow.

It kind of was(not tomorrow but make it seem like something had to be fire at some point) and was asked better by Tim Graham.

Jerry: I know you have a lot to do Terry, but I wonder if you have contemplated or will soon, any kind of changes in the football department. Specifically, whether you’re going to bring an outside football guy to evaluate the football operation.

Tim: As you get more comfortable in your role here with the Buffalo Bills, you and your family, and you get to the internal evaluation process what are your thoughts on when, if any, changes would be made relative to the season. During the season? After the season, just your general thoughts on your next steps that way?

Right. Again, I wanted that question asked. And then we can cull whatever we can out of his evasive answer. I was waiting for that question to be asked even though I don't at al think he is going to clean house. Quite the opposite in fact.

It kind of was(not tomorrow but make it seem like something had to be fire at some point) and was asked better by Tim Graham.

I didn't get a sense that they were fishing for a house cleaning, but whether Pegula would hire an equivalent of Ted Black for the Bills, especially with Littman exiting.

Got it. Agree. I'm sure he will put a few people in there that are his guys, and evaluate the team. I'm also sure he is going to keep Brandon and Whaley, and likely Marrone unless we tank badly, which doesn't look like it will happen.

He is a fan. Most fans of the Bills see a clear difference in the team over the last two years. I think it's glaringly obvious. Others don't but I think most Bills fans think Brandon and Whaley are doing well in their respective jobs since they got those jobs. It looks like Pegula does, too.

Yep. I feel the pegulas are going to lean on russ heavily to help them acclimate to ownership. After that I can't see them dumping him. They will likely keep him in a prominent roll with the franchise.

Even if true, it was only at based on RW and Littman's instructions. I really don't care either way whether he stays or not, but if he does, he'll do so based on following the direction he's given which everyone is assuming will be to spend more $$

OK I give, what/who is JR he referred to? The poster here?

he's made personale decisions and is the main reason people though ralph was cheap. i would go into that but there are multiple threads concerning this on the boards already.

Jerry: I know you have a lot to do Terry, but I wonder if you have contemplated or will soon, any kind of changes in the football department. Specifically, whether you’re going to bring an outside football guy to evaluate the football operation.

Tim: As you get more comfortable in your role here with the Buffalo Bills, you and your family, and you get to the internal evaluation process what are your thoughts on when, if any, changes would be made relative to the season. During the season? After the season, just your general thoughts on your next steps that way?

thank you. i find both of those questions completely reasonable, and still maintain that they should have been asked. would those who took offense to the questions have felt the same if they came from wawrow?

Even if true, it was only at based on RW and Littman's instructions. I really don't care either way whether he stays or not, but if he does, he'll do so based on following the direction he's given which everyone is assuming will be to spend more $$

OK I give, what/who is JR he referred to? The poster here?

JR, which actually is "Junior" was a Bills fan from the Dominican Republic who called up WGR and said in a tear-jerking manner what it meant for him to know the Bills were staying because of the sale, and how he could now show his kids what the team meant to him. It was pretty emotional. And Pegula heard it live while driving.

Edited by Kelly the Dog