The Walking Dead Return

Cliffhanger. Told ya so. Gimple made a good point on Talking Dead: Negan swinging the bat is the end of the story. The next story begins with someone dead. I hate the cliffhanger...but it's a good point. There's also the possibility that they haven't even decided yet.

This was a very well-done episode, too. Great job slowly ramping up the tension and drawing you in.

Although I understand Gimple's point, I agree with Shrader. Ultra-lame. And you may be right. They may not even know for sure yet who took the hit, but....whether they do or not it simply can't be a cliffhanger.

There are far too many people either working on the show or who show up for filming. Who got Lucilled will be very simple: who isn't there filming. One of them alluded to doing an episode to round out the story so the actor may get one more episode, but they will have filmed 8 or 9 by the premiere. Everyone who really follows the show will know with 100% certainty who got the bat. It is a bad move. They are catering to fans without the passion for the show by screwing the fans who built the franchise. I wonder if they called Jones and Kraft before filming.

From the beginning of the episode up until the last lame second I thought it was absolutely great. It seems like all the Nicotero episodes are awesome. Negan's speech was really really good and JDM is going to be perfect. Carol/Morgan was awesome.... a lot more to tell there. Lennie James is outstanding.

As for who got killed:

The audio enhancement stuff is too easy and I'm not sure I buy it but I do think it will be Glenn.

They said on the show that the new story would be a lot about what changed because of the death. So although all the characters are loved, which one's death would change a lot of directions of other characters?

Rick: Obviously, but they can't, can they?

Carl: Would change Rick...too much, Michonne, and I think Abraham would have to step up as new leader with Rick devastated for a long while. Enid would take an interesting turn. Everyone would be crushed but how many characters' directions would truly change? A new leader would step into the void....

Michonne: It would change Rick and Carl, again everyone would be devastated but their directions wouldn't change.

Daryl: I like him a lot like so many people do but how would his death impact the direction of so many others?

Maggie: Glenn would have to change, the group as a whole would certainly change, but beyond Glenn, Enid and the soon to be re-gayed Aaron would it force other characters into sharp changes in their direction?

Rosita: No

Eugene: He is evolving and Abe and Rosita and even Rick would feel a special impact but that would be all.

Sasha: No. I am looking forward to her continuing story and hope she gets more air time.

Aaron: Another good character with a future

Abe: A possibility because of what someone upthread said about his stare down with Negan. Very cool character that needs more time IMO. Would impact Rick...marginally..., Sasha, Rosita, and Eugene for sure, but would it change the direction of others?

Glenn: I think it will be Glenn. He saved Rick early on. Maggie obviously. Daryl will have guilt for his Dwight mission which drew Glenn into the woods. Carl, Michonne, Enid, and any remaining innocence of the group as a whole would die with Glenn. Part of this could be replaced by Heath,...Glenn passed a torch of sorts to Heath at the ambush. Rosita...he talked about how they made it by being together. To me it has to be Glenn but for some reason I believe the message that Chandler Riggs sent saying he doesn't even know. If he doesn't, then the deciphering of the audio isn't accurate, because if that is what they were all yelling then he would know.

My odds:

Glenn: 90%

Carl: 8%

Abe: 1.5%

Rick: .5%

Edited by 4merper4mer

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's Glenn. You can hear the loudest scream coming from Maggie.

https://soundcloud.com/user-364948986/etc

In this audio clip you can hear Rick screaming "STOP!!! GLENNNNNN!!!!"

Really?

Wouldnt that be too much a give away?

You would think they would purposely make sure there are no audible clues

CBF

CBF

Really?

Wouldnt that be too much a give away?

You would think they would purposely make sure there are no audible clues

CBF

CBF

The audio is a clip that one of the viewers slowed down. You can't hear what's being screamed at full speed and I highly doubt the walking dead producers created an alternate end where the audio is more crisp just to mess with the viewers. Glenn's death is a big part of what happens to Maggie and the Hilltop in the comics. Maggie cut her hair in the comics to mourn Glenn's death which also foreshadows his death. You also notice the foreshadowing in season 5 when Glenn is holding a baseball bat before they wipe out a bunch of walkers with a firehose from the firetruck, and is there a coincidence that Glenn was the guy that was saved right before Carol saved them from the bat swinging, throat slicing cannibals at Terminus?

Plenty of foreshadowing if you paid attention. Uh ohhhh... I think i just spoiled it for everyone.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

Its one of the people in the cage. They had all the first person glimpses from inside the cage earlier in the episode, followed by a first person death scene. That narrows it down to Glen, Daryl, Rosita or Michonne.

I think its Glen. Its not the only hint, but an episode or two back, Glen picked up a handgun that had a baseball bat carved into the grips. That was pretty obviously foreshadowing his fate.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a break down yet based on where everyone was lined up and which way Negan approached from before he swung. I figured that would happen within seconds. Anyway, it's absolutely hilarious that Aaron was even there. They've got every single pre-Terminus person there (minus Carol), and then Aaron. The whole world knows he's not the dead one, that would be the ultimate cop out.

As for it being Glenn, that would make the cliff hanger that much worse. Most are expecting him, so if you were going to go that route, just show it and be done. Some may call all of the stuff they've done foreshadowing, other could just call it messing with the comic readers' heads.

Its one of the people in the cage. They had all the first person glimpses from inside the cage earlier in the episode, followed by a first person death scene. That narrows it down to Glen, Daryl, Rosita or Michonne.

I think its Glen. Its not the only hint, but an episode or two back, Glen picked up a handgun that had a baseball bat carved into the grips. That was pretty obviously foreshadowing his fate.

That was Carl with the carved gun, wasn't it? I'm pretty sure that was the same gun that Negan took back from him during the lineup.

Or the fact that he was actually holding a baseball bat? Look at the post above yours. I pretty much spell it all out.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

My guess would be Abe. Negan looked genuinely surprised that whomever he hit did not go down after the first hit. Abe, at that point, was really the only one strong enough to take the first hit. It rules out Maggie, Sasha, Carl, or Rosita, they go down instantly. And Daryl, Glenn, and Michonne were all tied up in the back of a dark van for many hours, they would have been too weak to take a hit like that and still stand.

Overall, it was pretty good episode. Another group is introduced, they will need them to take out the saviors.

Edited by ricojes

That was Carl with the carved gun, wasn't it? I'm pretty sure that was the same gun that Negan took back from him during the lineup.

I may be wrong, but if memory serves, they made a point of having Glenn pick the gun up and notice the carving on the grip a couple of episodes ago. At any rate, I think, at the very least, we can be nearly certain that the one killed was from the same point of view as from the first person perspective in the cage earlier in the episode, narrowing it down to just four.

Edited by Brandon

I may be wrong, but if memory serves, they made a point of having Glenn pick the gun up and notice the carving on the grip a couple of episodes ago. At any rate, I think, at the very least, we can be nearly certain that the one killed was from the same point of view as from the first person perspective in the cage earlier in the episode, narrowing it down to just four.

It was Carl with the gun.

My guess would be Abe. Negan looked genuinely surprised that whomever he hit did not go down after the first hit. Abe, at that point, was really the only one strong enough to take the first hit. It rules out Maggie, Sasha, Carl, or Rosita, they go down instantly. And Daryl, Glenn, and Michonne were all tied up in the back of a dark van for many hours, they would have been too weak to take a hit like that and still stand.

Overall, it was pretty good episode. Another group is introduced, they will need them to take out the saviors.

I was a little dissapointed at the size of Negan's army....in the comic books they make it sounds like Sauron' army unleased......i counted maybe.....100 at the most?

oh

and its Abe.....who was straight mad dogging Negan....you know its gotta be him.

Edited by John from Hemet

I was a little dissapointed at the size of Negan's army....in the comic books they make it sounds like Sauron' army unleased......i counted maybe.....100 at the most?

That's just the people out there in the woods at that moment though. They have to have some back protecting their home too. Either way, they've got a major numbers advantage over Alexandria.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a break down yet based on where everyone was lined up and which way Negan approached from before he swung.

Nicotero and whoever cut the series of shots went to great lengths to hide it. Really, there's no identifiable background that matches to anything earlier. The sound is the best clue...but even then, it's vague.

Chandler Riggs had an interesting tweet last night: six months after reading the script, and he still doesn't know who got killed. (Though I'd guess then that it wasn't Carl, since they probably would have told Riggs he wouldn't be back next season.) But if the actors who were in the scene don't even know...

But at least we're still one-up on Tara. She still doesn't know here girlfriend's dead.

Nicotero and whoever cut the series of shots went to great lengths to hide it. Really, there's no identifiable background that matches to anything earlier. The sound is the best clue...but even then, it's vague.

It was discussed on the Talking Dead and they said they knew people would analyze the background, so they accounted for that. But they did that there were a few clues in the background...

Dont you guys think that they would have fillmed the rest of that scene already?

So maybe they do know

Wouldnt make much sense for them all to film it and then break for months only to go back and have to set up the scene the exact same

CBF

They said on TTD, the actors do not know who it is...I would imagine next season begins with how the mullet gets captured and maybe Daryl getting shot, so whoever is killed will have a role in the first episode.