I guess he couldn't have it his way.

Beerball

We used to love it when people sent soup back saying it wasn't hot enough. We'd bring that **** to a boil, put it in a super hot bowl and peek out of the kitchen to watch the dumbass burn his mouth. Things like that make miss the kitchen.

Edited by Chef Jim

We used to love it when people sent soup back saying it wasn't hot enough. We'd bring that **** to a boil, put it in a super hot bowl and peek out of the kitchen to watch the dumbass burn his mouth. Things like that make miss the kitchen.

My dad worked in a restaurant where one lady would come in every Sunday for the prime rib special. No matter how much they cooked it the meat was never "well done" enough. So he started shoving it under the broiler after already cooking it to well done. She stopped ordering the prime rib special.

My dad worked in a restaurant where one lady would come in every Sunday for the prime rib special. No matter how much they cooked it the meat was never "well done" enough. So he started shoving it under the broiler after already cooking it to well done. She stopped ordering the prime rib special.

I knew someone who wouldn't eat a hamburger unless it was black all over

charred to a crisp

same here. there was one time in particular when a waiter brought back a bowl of french onion soup but was extremely rude in demanding that I make sure the next bowl was hot. big mistake. not only did I heat the soup to boiling, but when I put it under the salamander to melt the cheese, I also placed the saucer that the bowl was served on under the salamander. I had to use a towel to place the soup in the window for pickup. my boss was right there, so I told him 'watch this...'. when the waiter picked up the soup, you could hear the 'tsssssss' of his fingers fusing to the plate.

those were the days :)

same here. there was one time in particular when a waiter brought back a bowl of french onion soup but was extremely rude in demanding that I make sure the next bowl was hot. big mistake. not only did I heat the soup to boiling, but when I put it under the salamander to melt the cheese, I also placed the saucer that the bowl was served on under the salamander. I had to use a towel to place the soup in the window for pickup. my boss was right there, so I told him 'watch this...'. when the waiter picked up the soup, you could hear the 'tsssssss' of his fingers fusing to the plate.

those were the days :)

We had a guy complain that the wild squab we were serving was farm raised. That was until he nearly broke his tooth on a piece of shot. Quitely placed it on the rim of his plate.

We had a guy complain that the wild squab we were serving was farm raised. That was until he nearly broke his tooth on a piece of shot. Quitely placed it on the rim of his plate.

:lol:

we ought to start a 'funny stories from when you worked in a restaurant' thread. I don't have any 'messing with customers' food' stories because I never did that, but some of the things that we did to each other are pure comic gold.

Edited by Azalin

I will never send food back unless there is something very clearly wrong with it. I've worked in the food service business. I know how mad people can get over returned food....

Same here. Never, ever mess with people who are preparing/serving you food. If you don't like the food...don't go back. If there is something clearly wrong with your food (i.e., ordered a steak M/R and it comes out burnt), be nice and ask politely for it to be re-cooked. Until recently, I've worked in restaurants in different capacities since I was 14 years old. I've witnessed a lot of disturbing things go on in the kitchen.