Peyton Manning

ofiba

I just wanted to tell you guys a little story about Peyton Manning. A kid at my school had a tumor discovered in his brain over winter break. Luckily, it was benign and was safely removed. One of the kid's friends wrote Peyton Manning a letter telling him about the situation. Peyton quickly sent him an autographed hat and has recently also sent him an autographed picture. I know that a lot of NFL players would have done the same and it may not have been a huge gesture, but it was also something that wasn't necassary. I just thought I'd pass along a little tid bit that despite his recent playoff failure, he is one of the NFL's "good guys".

I just wanted to tell you guys a little story about Peyton Manning. A kid at my school had a tumor discovered in his brain over winter break. Luckily, it was benign and was safely removed. One of the kid's friends wrote Peyton Manning a letter telling him about the situation. Peyton quickly sent him an autographed hat and has recently also sent him an autographed picture. I know that a lot of NFL players would have done the same and it may not have been a huge gesture, but it was also something that wasn't necassary.  I just thought I'd pass along a little tid bit that despite his recent playoff failure, he is one of the NFL's "good guys".

222872[/snapback]

He deserves it. A great player with a good soul.

The heartless bastard in me wonders why one would write a "Guess what? I had a tumor! But I'm okay now. Just letting you know" letter to Peyton Manning in the first place.

222885[/snapback]

Sorry I didn't make it clear, but the kid with the tumor didn't write the letter. His friend did. I don't even think the kid with the tumor know the letter was written until he got the hat.

I love these storys! Nothing staged or in front of cameras-- just pure benevolence. My favorite story that I have read here is the one where Josh Reed went and bought that kid the bike. Josh does not make millions every year. He gets his balls busted on this board constantly. That is one of my favorite storys I have ever heard. God bless Josh Reed! Say what you want about his lack of production- Josh is a class act! Props to Peyton too! He gets a bum rap too for being a loser. Peyton is a winner!

I just wanted to tell you guys a little story about Peyton Manning. A kid at my school had a tumor discovered in his brain over winter break. Luckily, it was benign and was safely removed. One of the kid's friends wrote Peyton Manning a letter telling him about the situation. Peyton quickly sent him an autographed hat and has recently also sent him an autographed picture. I know that a lot of NFL players would have done the same and it may not have been a huge gesture, but it was also something that wasn't necassary.  I just thought I'd pass along a little tid bit that despite his recent playoff failure, he is one of the NFL's "good guys".

222872[/snapback]

A man with a soul!

I've read that DB has done the same along with many other humble professional athletes for these poor kids.