Eric Wood fires back at Jerry Sullivan

5 Wide

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's correct--Wood is very highly though of around the NFL.

Here's the example I always point to when the subject comes up, as it's the closest thing you're going to get to a consensus statement on the matter:

http://www.nfl.com/n...fensive-linemen

There was a long list of candidates for this last spot on the podium. The offensive and defensive line coaches that I spoke with were very high on Ravens guard Marshal Yanda. Another name that kept popping up was a bit of a sleeper on the national scene: Bills center Eric Wood.

Straight from the coaches' mouths.

That's two and a half years ago. Players regress and progress, the result of injuries, scheme change, whatever.

Wood re-signed IIRC in the off-season to a decent sized contract. It's OK to ask if the guy's living up to it given how they've struggled running the ball, albeit yesterday against a solid defense.

For all the people who hate Sullivan, he sure seems to get a lot of attention.

That's two and a half years ago. Players regress and progress, the result of injuries, scheme change, whatever.

Wood re-signed IIRC in the off-season to a decent sized contract. It's OK to ask if the guy's living up to it given how they've struggled running the ball, albeit yesterday against a solid defense.

Wood hasn't regressed at all.

Jerry Sullivan might know that, too, if he had the kind of access he so desperately craves and is so bitter about not having.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Yes, I can tell time.

The point I was making is that the linked article is the closest I can come to substantiating what I've heard from some of my contacts around the league.

I never said differently.

Not from me...ever since I spent time in the press box I haven't read a single article from him. I'm not giving him the clicks or the attention.

I read this thread because I like Eric Wood and wanted to see what he said.

JJ Watt told CBS last week that Wood is one of the best linemen in the entire league. Wood hasn't declined, he's just playing next to Pears. And Pears is so noxiously inept, it forces Wood to play two positions at once every snap.

I don't read his articles anymore, but I do "tweak" him when he tweets out something ridiculous and have enjoyed razzing him about Dareus. I would actually enjoy meeting many of these sportswriters, if only to see if they're douchebags in person as well or if it's just a game.

So did Snooki.

Two years ago on a cruise ship, there was a 60+ year wrinkly old hag who was wearing a small bikini. She got a lot of attention too.

Hell, that may have been Sully on that cruise ship.

GO BILLS!!!

It was Sullivan who asked the question last week to which Orton responded, "that's a crap question" as well...after Orton threw the pick 6 Sully tweeted, "that was a crap throw." Kind of funny, but shows what an absolute twit he is.

Wow, really? the crap question was sully's ? I love it... i got it that Sully plays the contrarian in everything, that is his schtick , but to go tit for tat means Orton actually got to him, stung him, tweaked his butt.. love it. KO is my guy.

Wow, really? the crap question was sully's ? I love it... i got it that Sully plays the contrarian in everything, that is his schtick , but to go tit for tat means Orton actually got to him, stung him, tweaked his butt.. love it. KO is my guy.

That's been Sully's style for years now. He's like a kid in the sandbox and I don't mean that to insult kids in sandboxes. At BEST, tit for tat journalism is unprofessional. IMO, Graham is the same way, too. And it's why both of them get the cold shoulder from those that are good sources for other people. Nobody likes an A-hole (and again, I don't mean that to insult A-holes).

GO BILLS!!!

I do not read his columns because they are typically worthless and I think he is a childish turd. Happy to pile on the Sully bashing when I can though. You are right about being OK to question Wood's performance, but Sullivan does not add anything to the discussion. There are clearly many posters here who are more capable of evaluating OL play than he is, and I would rather hear from them. Wood was right to call him out as the coward he is.

I don't read his articles anymore, but I do "tweak" him when he tweets out something ridiculous and have enjoyed razzing him about Dareus. I would actually enjoy meeting many of these sportswriters, if only to see if they're douchebags in person as well or if it's just a game.

I've met TG, nice guy.

JJ Watt told CBS last week that Wood is one of the best linemen in the entire league. Wood hasn't declined, he's just playing next to Pears. And Pears is so noxiously inept, it forces Wood to play two positions at once every snap.

He's used to it. When Levitre was a Bill, Wood had to slide over and help Urbik. Now he's screwed he has to slide left and right.