Watkins trade revisited

Watkins trade revisited   

396 members have voted

1. 1. With what we know now would you make the same trade for Watkins?

• Yes, he's worth it
    • No, I would rather the pick

you can jump on board their bandwagon, im sticking to sammys. we will see who gets further.

I'm not jumping on their bandwagon. Just that there clutch plays were the more difficult catch in tighter coverage than Sammy's touchdown. This is not knocking Sammy. His play was very good too. From a statistics standpoint the Chandler play was the most incredible play of the year. We had a 4% chance to win that game prior to that completion.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade looks better every week. He is always open. Still a giant price to pay but he might be a top 10 wr already. He's a stud and the doubts I had have been fully erased. There aren't many Watkins in the NFL.

He might be a top 10 by the end of the year but currently he is on pace to compete for the best rookie WR and being a top 15-20 WR in the NFL.

We may have overpaid, but Watkins is a STUD. He's the first pick we've taken without any question marks. Personally, only him and Dareus have been game-changing players we've drafted in the first round in the last 10 years.

We may have overpaid, but Watkins is a STUD. He's the first pick we've taken without any question marks. Personally, only him and Dareus have been game-changing players we've drafted in the first round in the last 10 years.

And as someone stated earlier, Dareus was a #3 overall pick and Sammy was #4.

The "!@#$ing point" is that in a 16-game season you can't possibly attribute wins above replacement to single players. It works in baseball because you have a 162-game season. Even then, the marginal WAR upgrades of role players, where said upgrades are very incremental, tend to add up and be as meaningful as those of the star players.

That is not the point. I'm not arguing your Baseball Nerd Stats.

And Yes I can possibly attribute wins above replacement to a single player.

I just did.

I'm definitively making the claim that the Bills would not win atleast 3 games if Stevie Johnson were in the lineup in place of Sammy Watkins therefore the trade was well worth, through only the first 7 games of the 2014 season.

He might be a top 10 by the end of the year but currently he is on pace to compete for the best rookie WR and being a top 15-20 WR in the NFL.

While playing the first four games, and the first two months, of his career with a fractured rib. :rolleyes: But don't let details get in the way of your crusade.

That's because Watkins is always open!! That's a huge reason why he is so good.

this is underrated. the best WRs make it look easy because they're talented at getting separation on their DB - and that's what sammy's been doing. he rarely gets the opportunity to make those contested, circus catches because he's good enough to put himself in positions where he doesn't need to.

Trade looks better every week. He is always open. Still a giant price to pay but he might be a top 10 wr already. He's a stud and the doubts I had have been fully erased. There aren't many Watkins in the NFL.

I don't understand the "giant price" thing-- even though most everyone says it. When you set aside all the discussion of how many draft picks we gave up, at the end of the day we gave up Stevie Johnson and next year's first round pick for Sammy. Now I guess we are all sure that whoever the Bills would have taken with say the 15th pick next year would be the greatest player ever, the fact is it is just one player and he may or may not turn out to be a bust. So we could have Stevie, perhaps Ebron and Mr. Unknown from next year or Sammy. It seems that is just about the right price for Sammy, and not really exhorbitant. Especially when you have him now.