Watkins trade revisited

Watkins trade revisited   

396 members have voted

1. 1. With what we know now would you make the same trade for Watkins?

• Yes, he's worth it
    • No, I would rather the pick

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I posted in the gameday thread, I now have zero problems with the trade now. We all knew he had talent coming into the draft and he certainly proved it with the Lions game.

But that final drive? He showed possession of every clutch quality. The great post route for 20 prior to the 2 minute warning. A prevented interception on a lazy ball down the sideline. A mega third down conversion and then the toe tapping game winner.

I just hope we find a QB within the next four seasons to maximize his talents and the trade.

We have four wins and he was directly responsible at the end for three of them. He's a star. It was always a good trade IMO and seven games into his career he's proven it.

Absolutely... Anyone who thought this trade was bad had never watched Watkins play in college. The guy is a beast, and there was never a doubt in my mind that this is the type of impact he would have in the NFL.

For those of you who think Lee Evans or SJ were good, that is what a true #1 receiver looks like.

He's also...a rookie..

That, too. But I was never concerned about his rookie status. He had a unique college career and was a legit #1 over all prospect as a wideout. Very rare. Most observers knew he could make an impact as a rookie. The only concern was the ability of his QB to take advantage.

GO BILLS

Edited by K-9