I think we need to get Jerry Hughes into space

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lets call this a 3-3 defense. Lets play it as 3-3. On 2nd and 10 or 3rd and pass it could be a good fit.

Line up MWilliams and Dareus at an end with either Kyle Williams or Wynn at DT shaded a little wide. Spikes at MLB with Bradham weakside and Lawson strong side. Standard DB's.

Let Hughes find the weakness on the line, let him start at the backer position and come up to the OL. The QB will definitely see him and will have to adjust his play calling. Hughes as a spy against the QB, more or less. He could stack up behind Dareus. He could put his hand down wide of Mario. He could push Mario inside when Mario is on the weakside, which would shift Spikes over and Lawson can handle the strong side run...

Yeah, letting Hughes find space would be wonderful. This trade has been amazing.

Looks good.

Looks good.

After yesterdays perfomance i would say Jim S is making fine use of him.

Hughes !Bullrush a LT! who would a thunk it ? hes like 255 isnt he ?

he was all motor and attitude Sunday

yes?

seems you two already know each other after reading your suggestions.

ever think the Bills defense keeps the cards close to the vest and one or two up the sleeve ?

Edited by 3rdand12

A few more ideas I would like to see, especially against the Patriots later in the game after Tommy has been knocked around a few times:

• All up but Dareus. Dareus at the DE position and the only one in a 3 point stance. Mario and Hughes on the line, Spikes showing blitz, Kyle 2 yards off the LOS. Spikes delay blitzes if no one leaks out, KW drops to the flat, MW and Hughes protect the outside. Dareus runs across the front of the OC to swallow up blockers. We have the option if we're in nickel to blitz a CB - I really like Graham blitzing while covering most routes. The advantage in this is that the Pats OL always overachieves but with a likely knocked around Brady and an OL that hopefully has given up plenty of pressure this could deceive and be a method to mask our intentions.

• I want to see some heavy line ups. The Pats can run the ball against us. I do not care if it is Blount, Ridley or Beerball back there, they just have a knack for picking up running yards against us. These OL will want to hit Brandon Spikes. Why do I know this? Because Brandon Spikes is a f'n a-hole and they had to practice against him for years. Years of pent up aggravation with a guy who probably wasn't all that kind to them in practice may come back to haunt him. Lets put Spikes back there as a rabbit. Lets put Hughes and Dareus wide to the side. I'm saying Dareus out at the OT and Hughes outside of the OT. Spikes and Bradham back there, Spikes in the middle Bradham tucked behind the two big boys. They may get a woody seeing Spikes uncovered. KW just over or outside of the OG - yeah - that'd be slick. It's a gamble and they may pick up a chunk of yards here. Brady's bravado will definitely check to a run right at Spikes... but it would/cold/should work. We're #1 against the run to begin with and faced some pretty good RB's.

• After that we can line up the same and then stunt. Hughes is fast enough that he can twist behind Dareus - something that could give a headache to a slower OG. This will depend on Bradham and how well he is playing.

• We can then use the same formation and slide everyone around. Pre snap have KW and Dareus slide back inside.

• The biggest thing I want to do this week against Brady is keep him thinking. I don't care how good he is I am certain he knows he is struggling and I know that will mean one of two things, maybe both. He'll want to show the world he's still good and he'll force things and get them or he'll choke The other thing that is going to happen is simple: He knows already he is going to get hit and get pressure with a team that is not going to blitz him. So, lets blitz him. When he gets frustrated he doesn't play as well, just like Stafford. Schwartz should not change up his gameplan much this week.

After yesterdays perfomance i would say Jim S is making fine use of him.

Hughes !Bullrush a LT! who would a thunk it ? hes like 255 isnt he ?

he was all motor and attitude Sunday

seems you two already know each other after reading your suggestions.

ever think the Bills defense keeps the cards close to the vest and one or two up the sleeve ?

Ever since last Spring I have been noticing there is a member that visits my account overview page and looks at my posts... not certain but maybe?

A few more ideas I would like to see, especially against the Patriots later in the game after Tommy has been knocked around a few times:

• All up but Dareus. Dareus at the DE position and the only one in a 3 point stance. Mario and Hughes on the line, Spikes showing blitz, Kyle 2 yards off the LOS. Spikes delay blitzes if no one leaks out, KW drops to the flat, MW and Hughes protect the outside. Dareus runs across the front of the OC to swallow up blockers. We have the option if we're in nickel to blitz a CB - I really like Graham blitzing while covering most routes. The advantage in this is that the Pats OL always overachieves but with a likely knocked around Brady and an OL that hopefully has given up plenty of pressure this could deceive and be a method to mask our intentions.

• I want to see some heavy line ups. The Pats can run the ball against us. I do not care if it is Blount, Ridley or Beerball back there, they just have a knack for picking up running yards against us. These OL will want to hit Brandon Spikes. Why do I know this? Because Brandon Spikes is a f'n a-hole and they had to practice against him for years. Years of pent up aggravation with a guy who probably wasn't all that kind to them in practice may come back to haunt him. Lets put Spikes back there as a rabbit. Lets put Hughes and Dareus wide to the side. I'm saying Dareus out at the OT and Hughes outside of the OT. Spikes and Bradham back there, Spikes in the middle Bradham tucked behind the two big boys. They may get a woody seeing Spikes uncovered. KW just over or outside of the OG - yeah - that'd be slick. It's a gamble and they may pick up a chunk of yards here. Brady's bravado will definitely check to a run right at Spikes... but it would/cold/should work. We're #1 against the run to begin with and faced some pretty good RB's.

• After that we can line up the same and then stunt. Hughes is fast enough that he can twist behind Dareus - something that could give a headache to a slower OG. This will depend on Bradham and how well he is playing.

• We can then use the same formation and slide everyone around. Pre snap have KW and Dareus slide back inside.

• The biggest thing I want to do this week against Brady is keep him thinking. I don't care how good he is I am certain he knows he is struggling and I know that will mean one of two things, maybe both. He'll want to show the world he's still good and he'll force things and get them or he'll choke The other thing that is going to happen is simple: He knows already he is going to get hit and get pressure with a team that is not going to blitz him. So, lets blitz him. When he gets frustrated he doesn't play as well, just like Stafford. Schwartz should not change up his gameplan much this week.

Ever since last Spring I have been noticing there is a member that visits my account overview page and looks at my posts... not certain but maybe?

Would not surprise me :P

Jim Schwartz needs to get Jerry Hughes into space. He could be even more dangerous if we could come up with a way to not have any offensive linemen around him, then he wouldn't have to use his muscles or cut, slash or swim move the TE's and Tackles to get to the QB. If Schwartz would just get Jerry Hughes into space he would be much more effective.

Talking about Jerry Spiller are ya?

Hughes is dynamic but needs more space to perform properly. It can be done.

All jokes aside. He needs to be a rush line backer. Something Schwartz doesn't use. If he lined up in a two point stance he wins his matchup the majority of snaps

Edited by Agent 91

Talking about Jerry Spiller are ya?

All jokes aside. He needs to be a rush line backer. Something Schwartz doesn't use. If he lined up in a two point stance he wins his matchup the majority of snaps

See? If you keep him in 2 pt stance he's not crowded at the line (i.e. He has more space)....I think it will prove effective... Especially if there aren't any offensive linemen between him and the QB. Similar to CJ, if we could find a way to get rid of the DT's in the middle, he'd have a lot more space to operate.

Is this another convert Maybin to TE thread?

Noooooo, this thread endeavors to prove that by simply creating more space on the field, one of our players will perform better. Now if our coordinator (in this case Schwartz) would simply create more space, Hughes would flourish.

If you mean put him at OLB like he was playing for the colts... he was so disappointing that they traded him.. To us. For Sheppard (no value to us, no value to them). Hughes was garbage "in space". Hughes was space junk. Haha. Be a hero Schwartz, keep him where he is.

Noooooo, this thread endeavors to prove that by simply creating more space on the field, one of our players will perform better. Now if our coordinator (in this case Schwartz) would simply create more space, Hughes would flourish.

yeah, maybe a "superwide 9" we will put him out against the sideline. Like a "wideass 9" or an "extra wide 99"... Or something! He could have little slap fights with Gilmore for position. Awesome Edited by SJDK