I think we need to get Jerry Hughes into space

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good thread.

I often admired how we got maybin into space. I think they told him to run a 15-yard arc around the QB.

Perhaps we could do the same with Hughes.

Yeah, Maybin really knew how to avoid contact.

Is the DC planning for it and Hughes just not seeing the holes? Has anyone considered that's what Gilmore's cushion is for?

Jim Schwartz needs to get Jerry Hughes into space. He could be even more dangerous if we could come up with a way to not have any offensive linemen around him, then he wouldn't have to use his muscles or cut, slash or swim move the TE's and Tackles to get to the QB. If Schwartz would just get Jerry Hughes into space he would be much more effective.

I think the Russians are sending a few up to the ISS soon. Get Jerry a ticket......

Space is so easy to plan for...our DC should game plan for it.

Well i have concerns about this plan. loosely thought out is just recipe for disaster. You homer fans are famous for this.

Always outhinking the coaching staff ! Have you ever noticed they take these ideas and always do the opposite ?

well ?

putting any of the Buffalo Bills " In Space " is just foolish .

I know we had an amazing win , and hell yes i am stoked .

But lets get our cleats back onto the treated surface and dig in . I mean how many NFL players have actually been into "space "and survived.

I dont mean the off season one either with the mariwanna

Well i have concerns about this plan. loosely thought out is just recipe for disaster. You homer fans are famous for this.

Always outhinking the coaching staff ! Have you ever noticed they take these ideas and always do the opposite ?

well ?

putting any of the Buffalo Bills " In Space " is just foolish .

I know we had an amazing win , and hell yes i am stoked .

But lets get our cleats back onto the treated surface and dig in . I mean how many NFL players have actually been into "space "and survived.

I dont mean the off season one either with the mariwanna

If we could get any of our players into space they may have a better Birdseye view of the game as it develops....even better than Hackett way up in the press box. Space = wins.

Great point re Gilmore. He is probably our best player in space.

Colton Schmidt has a lot of space back there...10 yards worth. Has he produced?? Yes. Kudos to ST coordinator Crossman for finding him some space. Edited by BringBackFergy

Great point re Gilmore. He is probably our best player in space.

well he does meditate and do the yoga thing. He looks too peaceful . we should trade him .

But he did really play a hell of a physical game last week. I was very proud of how he didnt space out and actually was very grounded. kudos to Spacey Gilmore.

If we could get any of our players into space they may have a better Birdseye view of the game as it develops....even better than Hackett way up in the press box. Space = wins.

Colton Schmidt has a lot of space back there...10 yards worth. Has he produced?? Yes. Kudos to ST coordinator Crossman for finding him some space.

I think you may have made some folks point about Hackett oops !

How long has Downing been the Guy calling from the sideline ? I just noticed him this week. Nathaniel was up and out there last week wasn't he ?

also Crossman has made good use of his space. surprisingly enough.

Edited by 3rdand12

On a related note, I've been to some games in Jacksonville, and their fans get to make good use of space. Plenty of elbow room everywhere.

Bills game on NFL rewind now. Quicker than my DVR version!

Lets call this a 3-3 defense. Lets play it as 3-3. On 2nd and 10 or 3rd and pass it could be a good fit.

Line up MWilliams and Dareus at an end with either Kyle Williams or Wynn at DT shaded a little wide. Spikes at MLB with Bradham weakside and Lawson strong side. Standard DB's.

Let Hughes find the weakness on the line, let him start at the backer position and come up to the OL. The QB will definitely see him and will have to adjust his play calling. Hughes as a spy against the QB, more or less. He could stack up behind Dareus. He could put his hand down wide of Mario. He could push Mario inside when Mario is on the weakside, which would shift Spikes over and Lawson can handle the strong side run...

Yeah, letting Hughes find space would be wonderful. This trade has been amazing.

On a related note, I've been to some games in Jacksonville, and their fans get to make good use of space. Plenty of elbow room everywhere.

how do we look? geez i hope we win ! How about that late elbow to Orton !

Go Bills on Rewind !

good heads up!

Lets call this a 3-3 defense. Lets play it as 3-3. On 2nd and 10 or 3rd and pass it could be a good fit.

Line up MWilliams and Dareus at an end with either Kyle Williams or Wynn at DT shaded a little wide. Spikes at MLB with Bradham weakside and Lawson strong side. Standard DB's.

Let Hughes find the weakness on the line, let him start at the backer position and come up to the OL. The QB will definitely see him and will have to adjust his play calling. Hughes as a spy against the QB, more or less. He could stack up behind Dareus. He could put his hand down wide of Mario. He could push Mario inside when Mario is on the weakside, which would shift Spikes over and Lawson can handle the strong side run...

Yeah, letting Hughes find space would be wonderful. This trade has been amazing.

get Jim S. on speed dial. oh wait. nevermind