Some Historical Perspective

Being the Bills Fan since '64, allow me to bring in some historical perspective here...

From today's Democrat & Chronicle:

3 Quarterbacks in Bills history to top 300 yards in his first start for the team. Kyle Orton joined Dennis Shaw (1970) and Vince Ferragamo (1985).

Not exactly names you'd hear in the streets of Canton.

Some historical perspective: Every thread you've started has been terrible.

We are 3-2, coming off a big time road win against a very tough team and people still want to find whatever negative point they can to keep "perspective." Jesus. Can we just be happy for something for once? Unreal.

Edited by Mark80

Some historical perspective: Every thread you've started has been terrible.

We are 3-2, coming off a big time road win against a very tough team and people still want to find whatever negative point they can to keep "perspective." Jesus. Can we just be happy for something for once? Unreal.

You're right. I think I'll go commit suicide.

Fact of the matter is I celebrated yesterday's win no less than you did. But I get a little wary of the euphoria that sweeps over this board every time we have some success, just like I get extremely weary of the "fire this one" and "bench that one" that we hear an awful lot. Let's enjoy the win but next week is the Patriots and I want to win that one too.

You're right. I think I'll go commit suicide.

Fact of the matter is I celebrated yesterday's win no less than you did. But I get a little wary of the euphoria that sweeps over this board every time we have some success, just like I get extremely weary of the "fire this one" and "bench that one" that we hear an awful lot. Let's enjoy the win but next week is the Patriots and I want to win that one too.

Agreed, but I came on this site this morning all excited to read some good stuff about the Bills and all I see are threads about Hackett sucking, CJ sucking, our OLine sucking. I mean, what the hell is going on around here? 75% of the posters here are doom and gloom no matter what and it gets very tiresome.

Agreed, but I came on this site this morning all excited to read some good stuff about the Bills and all I see are threads about Hackett sucking, CJ sucking, our OLine sucking. I mean, what the hell is going on around here? 75% of the posters here are doom and gloom no matter what and it gets very tiresome.

So let's set the record straight: I'm pleased that Orton is playing and I think the Bills can be good with a C+ or a B- QB. But Peyton Manning needn't look over his shoulder.

And while we're at it, I thought that Hackett called a lousy first half and has been largely predictable and ineffective most of the year. In the second half, though, I thought he called a good game.

CJ doesn't suck, but he hasn't been used well.

The O line is a work in process but if everyone gets healthy and one of our draft picks (Kouandijo) comes around, there's hope.

I haven't been a Bills fan for 50 years because it's always fun ...

Being the Bills Fan since '64, allow me to bring in some historical perspective here...

From today's Democrat & Chronicle:

3 Quarterbacks in Bills history to top 300 yards in his first start for the team. Kyle Orton joined Dennis Shaw (1970) and Vince Ferragamo (1985).

Not exactly names you'd hear in the streets of Canton.

Which proves that a one game sample isn't enough to go on - something I think we all understand.

Still, it's more encouraging to see a 300 yard game than a 100 yard game. Especially when the new QB is a veteran and not a rook. Orton was expected to play like a vet and, after a while, he did.

I've been a BILLS fan since they started, and I appreciate the insight.

I don't recall having much of a defense on those previous teams, so hopefully the D works in our favor. As I recall, Dennis Shaw was the QB who broke a lot of Unitas' records in college I also think our present coaching is superior to what we had in 70 & 85...so GO BILLS!