Preston Brown

Big C

I will admit that I wasn't quite sure that we needed another LB, at least not so early in the draft, with TE and OG higher on my priorities list. And while we still certainly could have used some upgrade at both positions it's looking like Whaley made a great call with Preston in the third. With Kiko getting injured and Bradham and Rivers trading off injuries (slash suspension time), we have absolutely needed another LB and while he has had growing pains, he looks better each week. He even tipped a pass in coverage today just enough to cause an incompletion and I was rather impressed, as that is not a strength of his (Spikes also made a play in pass coverage today too which was neat). Anyway, I like the looks of this kid and hope he evolves into a metaphorical rock in our LB corps for the coming years.

You were correct in your assessment that TE and OG were and still are an issue. They may be the worst in the NFL and certainly bottom 5. LB was a need even before Kiko got hurt. Unfortunately next year they probably need to draft DE first and then look for a guard later.

You were correct in your assessment that TE and OG were and still are an issue. They may be the worst in the NFL and certainly bottom 5. LB was a need even before Kiko got hurt. Unfortunately next year they probably need to draft DE first and then look for a guard later.

Bet you wouldn't say that to their faces.

I'd say it to Pears' face, but I'd be five yards away and moving laterally like a LB on a screen. There'd be zero chance that Pears could hit me then.

Yes our screen blocking has been comically bad...3 guys out in front against one defender and they don't even touch the defender before he makes the tackle...

I'd say it to Pears' face, but I'd be five yards away and moving laterally like a LB on a screen. There'd be zero chance that Pears could hit me then.

I'll tell him you just cheap shotted Kyle Orton, then you best keep on the balls of your feet.

And just to clarify, I was illustrating how silly the "say it to his face" thing is when talking about football ability.