Info re Mike Lyons - - Analytics Dept. Director

Some facts:

1. He has a bachelor's degree in molecular engineering from MIT plus an MBA from Univ. of Rochester - - then worked for Xerox for 26 years;

2. The analytics dept. now consists of him and one other guy;

3. He hasn't missed a Bills home game since 1989.

http://www.rochester.edu/pr/Review/V77N1/0601_lyons.html

Named last November as director of the Bills’ first analytics department, he will collect and use data points from both the business and sporting sides of the franchise to optimize the team’s decisions on everything from draft choices to fans’ experiences to the performances of each player—all with the goal of increasing the team’s tally of wins.

So we have an OC with a degree in neuroscience and an analytics department director with a degree in molecular engineering from MIT. So they oughta be bright enough to figure out how to win, right?

I wonder if they know that Fitz went to Harvard?

1. He has a bachelor's degree in molecular engineering from MIT plus an MBA from Univ. of Rochester - - then worked for Xerox for 26 years;

i wonder what the analytics can tell us about garbage plates.

Edited by Dirtbag

According to a few different sources he has a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, not molecular engineering. In fact, I couldn't find a degree program for molecular engineering at MIT. A search for molecular engineering on the MIT web site takes you to chemical engineering courses where there are courses on molecular engineering.

I hope the "one other guy" actually has a degree in statistics. The statistics requirements for engineers (or scientist for that mater) is not, IMO and from experience, inadequate for the task at hand.

Underlined for Correction:

I intended to type "inadequate".

Edited by Greg F

According to a few different sources he has a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, not molecular engineering. In fact, I couldn't find a degree program for molecular engineering at MIT. A search for molecular engineering on the MIT web site takes you to chemical engineering courses where there are courses on molecular engineering.

I hope the "one other guy" actually has a degree in statistics. The statistics requirements for engineers (or scientist for that mater) is not, IMO and from experience, adequate for the task at hand.

What did Lyons do at Xerox? I'm hoping it was a lot of statistical analysis.

I hope the "one other guy" actually has a degree in statistics. The statistics requirements for engineers (or scientist for that mater) is not, IMO and from experience, inadequate for the task at hand.

Underlined for Correction:

I intended to type "inadequate".

Wait, so it IS NOT .... INADEQUATE

so it's adequate?!

Just messin with you. I know what u mean and As a scientist, I agree with you.

Edited by BillsBackersChicago