i think EJ's soft.

i think the team has seen it, and the coaches were probably hoping he'd toughen up and take control.. as much as i was on board with how they were going to build our franchise QB - i gotta give props to everyone who knew that he should have competed for the starting job. he got it by default, and try as he could, he just wasn't up to it.. but that's his problem.. Marrone took control. he had to.. the team was not going to commit to any kind of fierce effort if they thought any one of them was getting a free pass.. it's just the way it broke.. but give Marrone credit.. this should light a fire under everyone's ass.. including EJ

btw -i think his comment regarding "this might toughen him up" , or something like that, spoke directly to the problem.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His must see opinion is far too important to post in an existing thread. :wallbash:

You mean like the one you started about TSW griping about things after you started the one about how personally upset you are with Marrone for benching EJ?

Come on!

You mean like the one you started about TSW griping about things after you started the one about how personally upset you are with Marrone for benching EJ?

Come on!

Where did you see me post that I was upset about EJ being benched? You come on! Mr WEO's wild and woolly world of fantasy strikes yet AGAIN! :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I think the OP should say that to EJ's face and see what happens. And then after the OP gets out of the hospital he should line up behind Pears with Watt on the other side. I will supply the laundary detergent for the OP's underwear after he pisses himself.

Ahh that felt good...

Yeah I was one of those banging the competition drum and it appears that my take couldn't have been more accutely correct.

First of all, if competition doesn't make you better you probably suck at what you do.

And the specific benefit of competition for EJ was to keep him out of his own head and focused on playing well enough to win a job.

That was my opinion and now EJ is a basketcase after basically having no physical competitor of note for 2 full seasons.

Yeah I was one of those banging the competition drum and it appears that my take couldn't have been more accutely correct.

First of all, if competition doesn't make you better you probably suck at what you do.

And the specific benefit of competition for EJ was to keep him out of his own head and focused on playing well enough to win a job.

That was my opinion and now EJ is a basketcase after basically having no physical competitor of note for 2 full seasons.

Um...where did these 2 full season come from?