Jump the fence gate

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This map, from the Washington Post, shows where he was finally apprehended.

xw-secretservice768-v2.jpg,qresize=370,P2C600.pagespeed.ic.bhraW34gpE.jpg

Much could be said about today’s hearing, but I want to focus on just one element, that is, the Democrats’ reflexive desire to blame everything that goes wrong on the sequester. Eleanor Holmes Norton played the sequester card today:

Norton’s suggestion that this incident had anything to do with the Secret Service being “understaffed” is ludicrous. When Gonzales climbed the fence and ran across the lawn, the place was swarming with agents and dogs, but nothing worked as intended. The dogs weren’t released for fear they would attack the agents who were chasing Gonzalez, something that apparently had not previously occurred to the Service’s guard detail. An alarm should have sounded to warn the agent at the front door to lock it, but it reportedly had been turned down or off at the request of White House ushers. The agent at the front door–I believe it was a woman–was “overpowered,” and apparently couldn’t slow Gonzalez down enough for his pursuers to catch up.

After Pierson went along with Norton’s suggestion that the sequester had caused the Service to be understaffed, Congressman Ron DeSantis followed up. He asked, How many Secret Service agents came along with you to the hearing today? Twelve, she answered. Which would seem to be more than ample staffing, even by government bureaucracy standards.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2014/09/secret-service-follies.php

2375_84984116216_633511216_2728356_7132856_n_normal.jpg David Burge @iowahawkblog · Sep 29

Jump over the fence at Bill Gates' house and see how far you make it.

Probably pretty far. Even though he's got killer-robot terminator gunships patrolling the grounds, they all run on Windows 8...

How about just a few one way glass decorative little well-manicured "cottages" at the WH lawn.

How about a three-block perimeter around the White House where everyone is stopped and searched.

Because that was seriously presented as an option.

Because when you let some dumbass jump the fence, sprint 70 yards to the door, through the unsecured door, and well into the building, the obvious problem is that your security perimeter is too small... :wallbash:

How do the Bills sign this Gonzalez dude? Sounds like he could run right past The Hoodie and all his defenses before he even knew what was happening!

We'd all be celebrating and having a blast yet we wouldn't even know how this dude got from our 20 to the NE* endzone. "Gonzalez Ninja Mode" on two, ready break!

Get 'er done Doug!

I don't know why this is even news. This story just shows how consistent and committed Obama is to open borders. Just like at our southern border, an intruder is welcome. The secret service should be criticized for not catching and releasing the suspect. He should have been taken to a conference room in the white house and asked if he needed a meal, legal representation or transportation to his ultimate destination.

I don't know why this is even news. This story just shows how consistent and committed Obama is to open borders. Just like at our southern border, an intruder is welcome. The secret service should be criticized for not catching and releasing the suspect. He should have been taken to a conference room in the white house and asked if he needed a meal, legal representation or transportation to his ultimate destination.

That got me thinking, WWJD (What Would Jimmy Do)?

http://screen.yahoo.com/ask-president-carter-000000735.html

Somehow they manage to bring traffic to a standstill over half of Manhattan every six weeks when Obama needs another fundraiser, but they can't stop a guy running into the WH? Brilliant.

We got stuck on I-80/90 when they closed it off around Toldeo when Cheney was coming into town. Pulled off @ a rest to to ask what was up... I never seen a whole interstate closed like that, even out in the sticks!

Obama flew into Chicago yesterday... But somebody said he flew into Gary. LoL... Gee, and people think BFLO is a mess of a town.

We got stuck on I-80/90 when they closed it off around Toldeo when Cheney was coming into town. Pulled off @ a rest to to ask what was up... I never seen a whole interstate closed like that, even out in the sticks!

Obama flew into Chicago yesterday... But somebody said he flew into Gary. LoL... Gee, and people think BFLO is a mess of a town.

I've been on both commuter trains and subways in recent years that were halted (so, obviously that means the entire line) because of Presidential motorcades somewhere in the general vicinity. Absolutely absurd.

I've been on both commuter trains and subways in recent years that were halted (so, obviously that means the entire line) because of Presidential motorcades somewhere in the general vicinity. Absolutely absurd.

It's gotten a lot easier to prepare for Obama when he comes to LA. In the past, presidents would show up with only a couple of days warning. With Obama, we always know a week or so in advance because he says something about the LGBT community, which in LA translates to "Work from home and open your wallets, cuz Obama is coming to town for another cash run."

It's gotten a lot easier to prepare for Obama when he comes to LA. In the past, presidents would show up with only a couple of days warning. With Obama, we always know a week or so in advance because he says something about the LGBT community, which in LA translates to "Work from home and open your wallets, cuz Obama is coming to town for another cash run."

At least LA is huge. SF is very compact and it !@#$s up the whole city.

True. Everything just grows totally out of control.

• 3 weeks later...

Both dogs were taken to the vet. They must be AFGE dogs. Will they will get 45 days traumatic leave? Their Union Steward has been called. :P

Where are the forces for justice to protest the dogs' excessive use of force? Did the dogs really have to bite him to get him to stop? Why couldn't they have just nipped at his heels until reinforcements arrived?

Certainly these dogs should be put on administrative leave, with their pictures circulated on the internet so those who wish to be outraged may have some context for doing so, and this poor victim be allowed to sue the taxpayers for millions of dollars for his injuries and trauma.

Where are the forces for justice to protest the dogs' excessive use of force? Did the dogs really have to bite him to get him to stop? Why couldn't they have just nipped at his heels until reinforcements arrived?

Certainly these dogs should be put on administrative leave, with their pictures circulated on the internet so those who wish to be outraged may have some context for doing so, and this poor victim be allowed to sue the taxpayers for millions of dollars for his injuries and trauma.

and while we're at it, what color were the dogs?

Both dogs were taken to the vet. They must be AFGE dogs. Will they will get 45 days traumatic leave? Their Union Steward has been called. :P

Normal practice...of course, you know that.

One of the FBI dog trainers lives next door to me. I wouldn't be surprised if a dog he trained was involved in this.