Baseball Playoffs Thread

KD in CA

Michael Morse signing paid huge dividends. Congrats to the panda and a guy I never give credit to Hunter Pence.

Gonna hit .500 in WS and not get the MVP, due to Bumgarners dominance. Need Cain and Timmy over the old man peavey/huddy combo.

Next year panik steps up, keep this train moving.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Michael Morse signing paid huge dividends. Congrats to the panda and a guy I never give credit to Hunter Pence.

Gonna hit .500 in WS and not get the MVP, due to Bumgarners dominance. Need Cain and Timmy over the old man peavey/huddy combo.

Next year panik steps up, keep this train moving.

Think they can keep Panda? I secretly hope the Jays would make a run at him (and know that they won't).

Seems like Giants have to resign Panda. too many fans at the ballparks wearing huge panda heads.

We will see though. I feel he's finally getting some credit, but a lot view him as flawed still.

It was always an issue with his weight. But I've never seen a guy that large have that range at 3rd and having a cannon arm doesn't hurt. The big guy can move. I see them doing what they can to keep him. Not just because he's a fan favorite but what he's done in these three WS championships.

Poor guy was out of his element.

Really felt bad for him. I've actually often cringed just a little when that type of guy has to speak, thinking holy crap - it's got to be his first time in front of a huge TV audience. And, usually, they ace it. Poor guy - I hope he makes a lot of money at least!

Congrats to giants, but I can't help but feel like it is almost like cheating what the giants did. They have one guy that singlehandedly won them 3 games.

The part that seemed "unfair" was Wait - pitchers aren't supposed to be able to pitch at all, much less that great on two days rest! You're breaking the laws of physics!

Doing a little reading though today, the '67 and '68 World Series were crazy with this kind of stuff. MIckey Lolich won three complete games, pitching on 2, 3 days rest. Bob Gibson did similar things both years. And, Denny McLain pitched 3 games, too. The Tigers had their top 2 pitchers pitch 6 of the 7 games!

It's today's pitch count mentality that we're used to now that makes it look unfair and crazy.

Doing a little reading though today, the '67 and '68 World Series were crazy with this kind of stuff. MIckey Lolich won three complete games, pitching on 2, 3 days rest. Bob Gibson did similar things both years. And, Denny McLain pitched 3 games, too. The Tigers had their top 2 pitchers pitch 6 of the 7 games!

It's today's pitch count mentality that we're used to now that makes it look unfair and crazy.

That's what's great about the WS especially game 7. Pitch counts and rotations go out the window. You see starters pulled after 1 1/3 like last night. Your ace pulling middle relief (Lincecum in 2012 and Bumgarner last night). What I thought was great when Casilla gave Bumgarner a hug after the game. That's a closer's dream to throw the final pitch to win a WS. But that's the Giant team. Yes! Yes! Yes!

It was always an issue with his weight. But I've never seen a guy that large have that range at 3rd and having a cannon arm doesn't hurt. The big guy can move. I see them doing what they can to keep him. Not just because he's a fan favorite but what he's done in these three WS championships.

My wife saw him for the first time yesterday and was all like, "why don't baseball players have to be in shape?" I tried to hem and haw for a few minutes but then realized I had no good answer.

My wife saw him for the first time yesterday and was all like, "why don't baseball players have to be in shape?" I tried to hem and haw for a few minutes but then realized I had no good answer.

Panda may not be in good shape but that mother can dive for a ball and get up and fire to first faster than most ripped players. I'd take me 5 minutes to get my ass off the dirt and "fire" the ball on a five hopper to first. Sure I'm in my 50's but still that dude is quick over there.

A woman chided him for smoking and being overweight and being a poor example of a professional athlete. John Kruk’s response: “I ain’t an athlete, lady, I’m a ballplayer!”

Pitching usually does win the series. It's been that way pretty much for the Giants during this run. Lincecum, Cain, Wilson, Romo and Bumharmer who was either a rookie in 2010 or was called up that year.

Yep. Totally agree! I wasn't rooting so much against them as I was rooting for something wild to happen, like the Royals winning. Who would have thunk? Not bad second choice seeing the Giants win!

It was crazy up to that last foul out. Man if he would have connected got his bat square on the ball, it would have been out. That would have been stunning.

It all came down to one pitch one swing, either team could have one it all. No better way to end it! Bumgarner won out... Amazing!

Wow... When he hit that ball and got the triple in the bottom of the 9th... I was thinking inside the park HR... Would that have been wild if they muffed it just a little more!

Same here! Amazing his ability for being that chubby!

Because everybody can play it! It's our National Pastime! Why its the best game! Who wants to see everybody the same body type.

A woman chided him for smoking and being overweight and being a poor example of a professional athlete. John Kruk’s response: “I ain’t an athlete, lady, I’m a ballplayer!”

Yep! From April to October, they are working 6 days a week!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois