Baseball Playoffs Thread

KD in CA

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy for KC. Indifferent with regard to the Orioles. Would have been nice for Showalter to actually lead a team to the promised land all the way. The Yankee dynasty was taken from him after he helped build it.

Would love a KC-SF Series.

Royals in The Series!

Wow! Just WOW... LoL

^^^

Using it again. ;-)

Probably jinxing them... But would be awesome if my boyhood team could get 4 more in a row for a perfect 12! Of course the pressure is mounting as the stage gets bigger! But, it would be incredible a perfect 12!

Come on baby... Royal Flush!

Reppn the Central well!

Happy for KC. Indifferent with regard to the Orioles. Would have been nice for Showalter to actually lead a team to the promised land all the way. The Yankee dynasty was taken from him after he helped build it.

Would love a KC-SF Series.

Same here, but I'd prefer a repeat of the 1985 I-70 Series.

Reppn the Central well!

Yep! Being from BFLO we never really had a dog in this hunt. I grew up liking the Royals because my older brother was an obnoxious Yankee fan! I am not crazy about StL because he liked them in the National. The only thing we have in common is we both despise the Red Sox! Not a Boston thing either... He loves the Celtics, I will root for them on occasion too. Having cable early, we always got the Mets games (WOR)... I like the Mets in the National League as the NY team. BUT not over the Yankees in 2000. Over the BoSox in 1986.. Sure! LMAO...

Moving to the far south of Chicagoland/NW Indiana... It was no brainer to like the Sox... I'd pull for them back in the day, especially against the Yankees. Funny speaking of Yankees, my grandmother was a big NY fan (Yankees and Mets)... After she passed away in 1996, I started to like the Yankees! The whole Torre-Jeter thing helped greatly.

Again, being from BFLO, I guess I root against teams I don't like vs. having a true favorite team. LoL... It boils down to teams I simply never will root for like the Red Sox. YUCK! Heck, I rooted for the Tigers in 1984 (never a big S.Cal fan, Padres, Dodgers, Angels). It all depends what the match-up is.

Same here, but I'd prefer a repeat of the 1985 I-70 Series.

Ditto! This time fair and square! I'd still root for Royals. I am sick of my neighbor (from StL) always bellyaching about that call! LoL...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I was reading about Denkinger tonight. He knows he's going to be in the media for the next week or so.

But, the article I read, from Time, the writer said the same thing that I did - his memory was that that would have been the third out. That only would have been the first out. Pena (I think) was the leadoff batter that inning...........Then, St. Louis imploded.

Screw that - they had their chance to overcome that. Even Denkinger just said it - they had the chance to get him off the hook.

now oh for 2 in the DC region.

zero interest now in the game

Yep, I'm in Maryland closer to DC. I'm a Nats fan first but was pulling for the O's as my AL team. I won't watch one second of the World Series now. Can't think of more boring teams as an impartial fan than SF and KC. I respect how they manufacture runs but i just can't get excited about slap singles and bullpens.

Nice that KC got there after years and years of failure. Gives me hope as a Buffalo fan that it could happen for us someday in Football or Hockey.

as a lifelong yankee fan, i am happy to see teams like KC & Pittsburgh have success with lower payrolls....now let's hope the yankees go out and buy some royals and pirates so they can be relevant again

Yep, I'm in Maryland closer to DC. I'm a Nats fan first but was pulling for the O's as my AL team. I won't watch one second of the World Series now. Can't think of more boring teams as an impartial fan than SF and KC. I respect how they manufacture runs but i just can't get excited about slap singles and bullpens.

Nice that KC got there after years and years of failure. Gives me hope as a Buffalo fan that it could happen for us someday in Football or Hockey.

i am actually surprised kc has a $92M payroll, much higher than i would have guessed, spend it if you got it

Kc payroll $92 million

Balt $107 mil

ST Louis $111 mil

Giants $154

Houston $44 mil

Fan since 1965 Go Giants

Edited by The Poojer

as a lifelong yankee fan, i am happy to see teams like KC & Pittsburgh have success with lower payrolls....now let's hope the yankees go out and buy some royals and pirates so they can be relevant again

They should definitely keep buying expensive 35-year-olds. :thumbsup:

Layoff?? Their layoff is only one day longer than the Giants. Giants is 5. They have the playoff experience.

BTW I still think awarding a team homefield advantage bases on an exhibition game is the most assinine thing a sports league has ever done and that says a lot!

Edited by Chef Jim