Baseball Playoffs Thread

KD in CA

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doesn't matter the Angels (my second favorite team) would have crushed them and the will crush KC.

Oops! Try sticking to things you know. :-P :-P Just trash talking... :-)

Anyway... Would be nice to have another I-70 series again and resolve the whole Denkinger thing from 29 years ago! Yet, I would be happy to see a SF-BAL series too. Baseball is the only pro game that "gets it right" even though they take a lot of slack!

I hate baseball, just cut 3 hrs out of my recorded UFC fights :wallbash:

When it switched to those shirtless guys in an octagon who were getting ready to pummel each other, I couldn't switch the channel fast enough.

Royals in the ALCS. I'm shocked!

I am not. It is the nature of basdball. You could put all teams in a tourney and some of the "lesser" teams will always get hot and win. What I am saying is that's why you play a 162 game season! The season IS the playoff! Modern American culture just doesn't understand that. They always want do-overs. Granted I like the Royals... Always have going back to my Yankee hating days (I have matured now and love the Yankees now!) when The Bombers were stomping the Royals in the 1970's and 1980's.

But come on! A one game "playoff" for winner take all to advance? Stick the Astros or Rangers etc.. in a game like that and they put their best on the mound and possibly win! People who assume in baseball simply do not know the game. It is over the LONG haul that teams are exposed. A best-of-five is not what the season was meant for let alone a one game playoff.

I am old school... Stick the two best teams in both Leagues right into a best-of-nine World Series... Tell the other teams to go pound salt... That's what the SEASON was for try agin next season. If teams (in a League) are tied @ end of season, then they can play a one game playoff.

I love it. No one gave the Royals a chance against the Angels.

Yep! Loving it!!! I quietly held my breath not wanting to jinx them... ;-) I simply love teams like the Royals. Big up hill gattle still and they may fall short of the prize. Still, I am not shocked in the least.

When it switched to those shirtless guys in an octagon who were getting ready to pummel each other, I couldn't switch the channel fast enough.

LoL

You will still get the ones that love the homo Nancy boy floppers in the big rectangle giving you slack!

Oops! Try sticking to things you know. :-P :-P Just trash talking... :-)

Anyway... Would be nice to have another I-70 series again and resolve the whole Denkinger thing from 29 years ago! Yet, I would be happy to see a SF-BAL series too. Baseball is the only pro game that "gets it right" even though they take a lot of slack!

Flack, they take a lot of flack or maybe they get no slack.

No, really I meant flack. :ph34r:

Which in the definition you are using is a variant of the word: flak. Right?

Ak ak... Watch out for the flak.

;-P

Ah ... I watched "the end of" an 18-inning game. As they say in PPP ... mea culpa.

Boy... The Beerster is sure getting ticky-tacky. Do we see "NFL Ref" in his future?

;-)