Baseball Playoffs Thread

KD in CA

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing personal, but I'd rather see any other team win the series than the Nationals. I think I hate them more than I've ever hated the Braves and Phillies combined.

where I live the GNats are the local team.

I could root Baltimore but since they cut ties with the Red Wings after 42 years (1961–2002) I kinda didn't care anymore.,

where I live the GNats are the local team.

I could root Baltimore but since they cut ties with the Red Wings after 42 years (1961–2002) I kinda didn't care anymore.,

What was the tie between Baltimore and the Red Wings?

What was the tie between Baltimore and the Red Wings?

Farm Team.

The only player that I can recall off hand is Cal Ripken who played for them back in the 80's!

I have a Red Wing baseball in a case. Novelty store item that I've had for 20+ years.

Maybe I should chase Cal down and ask for a signature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochester_Red_Wings

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

That's the advantage of living on the left coast. Was able to follow the whole game. We don't get cable so we couldn't watch the game but it was even hugely exciting just following it online. Living in Oakland of course I was rooting for the A's. I've been an A's fan since I was a kid in the 70's in WNY. How could a rebellious kid not like the long hair, moustaches, and white cleats of that team. However their massive collapse at the end of the year gave them very little right to even be in the position to play this game let alone advance to the ALDS. Doesn't matter the Angels (my second favorite team) would have crushed them and the will crush KC.

Farm Team.

The only player that I can recall off hand is Cal Ripken who played for them back in the 80's!

I have a Red Wing baseball in a case. Novelty store item that I've had for 20+ years.

http://en.wikipedia....ester_Red_Wings

Ahh .. I see. "Red Wings" threw me off. Was thinking hockey and my hometown used to be the Detroit Red Wings' AHL team's home (Adirondack Red Wings) for many years.

We also used to have a AA baseball team, which I would LOVE to see come back (but likely never will). I'd even take single A.

Farm Team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochester_Red_Wings

Wow... That's impressive history. Are they the oldest team in the minors... Since 1899 or are there older teams Minor League teams?

I had to look it up:

http://ballparkdigest.com/201104263780/minor-league-baseball/features/whats-the-oldest-team-name-in-milb-heres-the-complete-list

I didn't know the Bisons went back to 1877. Interesting list.

Matt Williams is an idiot for taking out Zimmerman!

Yes, 1000 times yes. He obviously doesn't know DC baseball history. Storen was the guy in 2012 playoffs that blew game 5 vs. St. Louis. 1 strike away then too just like last night. You gotta let Zimmerman get that last out. He would have. Dumbest move in DC coaching history for any sport.

The umpire was an idiot for not calling those strikes on panik for the 3rd out in the ninth. Odd that fox didn't show replays or pitch location on ANY of those.

Sports Reporters talked about that on espn this morning.

Feel good for the Giants...I'm not a baseball "fan" but they are the team I follow. Feel bad for Matty...one of my favorite Giants.

Talk about playoff baseball. Wow. We were having post-dinner cocktails with friends and I looked up at the tv over the bar and saw it was 1-1 in the 17th. So the night was a pretty sweet one; dinner and drinks with wifey and friends with the extra-added bonus of watching an 18 inning game in which the Nationals lose.

A Bills win would top off the weekend nicely.

For the NL, I'm all-in on SF. I just don't like any of the other teams.

For the AL, I'd like to see KC make it in. But I'd be happy with BAL.

Talk about playoff baseball. Wow. We were having post-dinner cocktails with friends and I looked up at the tv over the bar and saw it was 1-1 in the 17th. So the night was a pretty sweet one; dinner and drinks with wifey and friends with the extra-added bonus of watching an 18 inning game in which the Nationals lose.

A Bills win would top off the weekend nicely.

For the NL, I'm all-in on SF. I just don't like any of the other teams.

For the AL, I'd like to see KC make it in. But I'd be happy with BAL.

something here doesn't add up.