Dareus

Kirby Jackson

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say today was his best game as a pro. He dominated the whole game.

Actually, i cannot ever remember a game where a team rushed three (and sometimes four but never blitzed) got so much pressure and so many sacks. Every single play it seemed, Hughes, Mario and Dareus got pressure and bull rushed the Lions linemen and pushed them back into Stafford. Almost every play was the same. it was incredible production by those three guys, and Charles when he was in there. Schwartz gets a lot of credit for not blitzing.

yeah, dareus was incredible today. he was destructive, he was energetic, at times he was unblockable. he was just incredible, i cannot wait for kyle williams to get back in their next to him and for brad-Ham to get back in their behind him. seriously, when he decides to play like that, there will be blood, oh yes, there will be blood!

Today makes Dareus look good and bad.

Good b/c he was superhuman today and we all know it.

Bad b/c I think he could play to this level more often, but only did so today b/c Kyle Williams was out of the lineup.

Maybe I'm wrong on that though.

Today makes Dareus look good and bad.

Good b/c he was superhuman today and we all know it.

Bad b/c I think he could play to this level more often, but only did so today b/c Kyle Williams was out of the lineup.

Maybe I'm wrong on that though.

Dareus has gotten more shade thrown at him for no reason. The guy brings it every Sunday. Today was by far his best game (and hopefully a coming out party) but it's not like the guy is half-assing it the rest of the time. We should appreciate the great DT play we have with Kyle and Dareus -- both are not only on track to be a pair of all time great DTs in Buffalo history, but maybe the league.

dareus is playing out of his mind. he is on pace for 61 tackles, 16 sacks, and 3.2 ff this season. at defensive tackle, thats ridiculous. if he keeps it up, this kid is going to be due a mario-williams-sized contract this spring.

That's ridiculous, you're right. No way he ends up with 16 sacks but he has been dominating.

I'd like to know where all the Dareus haters have gone?? I seem to remember a lot people calling him a wasted pick and definitely not worth a top 5 pick.

He's always been very good at getting aftet the QB which is a very rare and valuable trait for a DT. He has 18.5 sacks thru his first 3 years. After today's 3 sack dominance, he already has 5 through 5 games.

QB pressure from your DT's is by far the most valuable kind. They have shortest distance to the QB & cause the most disruption - does not allow the QB to step into his throw.

Where he really has improved & turned himself into an elite player is his run stuffing ability. He consistently takes on double teams and beats them. He has been a major force in this teams massively improved run D.

They still haven't allowed a rushing TD. Teams are only averaging 2.9 ypc and 70 yards rushing per game.