Week 5: Lions' Game Preparation

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never wish injuries on anyone, but we can hope.

reminds me of when Keenan Allen pulled a hammy in practice the week we played SD and still played. He didn't do much but it didn't matter. I think Tate is pretty important to their offense but OTOH Mega is going to increase his snaps a bunch. He plans to, anyway.

reminds me of when Keenan Allen pulled a hammy in practice the week we played SD and still played. He didn't do much but it didn't matter. I think Tate is pretty important to their offense but OTOH Mega is going to increase his snaps a bunch. He plans to, anyway.

Injuries, especially hammies, mean different stuff to different players at different times of course. Foster played last week and he couldn't run. Allen as you said didn't do much. But both of their top receivers with bad legs, and one of their two decent runners out, bodes well for our D. We probably can't win a shootout. But we can win a 20-17 game.

Megatron with an ankle injury and Tate with a hammy issue at practice today.

Granted, they get to rest it for another few days.

I might have noticed both teams might be having fun the with the injured lists.

Limited repetitions is a wide open two words isn't it ?

The John Murphy Show October 2 (40:26)

Bills WR Robert Woods stopped by to talk about Kyle Orton, improving the offense, and the matchup with the Lions. Alexandra Vitale called in from the Intense Milk HS Rivalry of the week, plus your calls.

Coming Soon: "Bills vs. Lions" (0:55)

With Kyle Orton under center, the Bills head to Detroit to take on the Lions in a battle of division leaders.

Bills Focus: Talent-Filled Defensive Lines (3:56)

The defensive fronts of the Bills and Lions may hold the key to sunday's matchup in Detroit.

Robert Woods: "We can't have any errors"

Bills WR Robert Woods joined The John Murphy Show in studio. He discussed Kyle Orton taking over at quarterback, his thoughts on EJ Manuel, and what the offense needs to do in Detroit to get a win.

No weak links allowed on Bills' defense

The night before the season opener Schwartz unveiled a chain of Carabiner clips to his defense to symbolize their commitment to one another on the field.

Tales of the Tape: Breaking down key Week 5 matchups

By Chris Burke - SI

The game of football is all about matchups. Each week, we will use the Xs and Os to highlight some critical showdowns on the upcoming schedule.

Bills at Lions: A familiar approach

10-03: DOUG MARRONE ON WGR <8:33>

NFL talent evaluators bullish on Bills

The Bills may have dropped two straight games and made a change at quarterback, but according to FOX Sports there are scouts in the league that believe Buffalo’s roster is littered with talent and not far off from being a true AFC contender.

Here’s part of what was written on the Bills.

"In July, budding superstar linebacker Kiko Alonso underwent season-ending surgery for a torn ACL. Alonso, though, is coming along nicely and is actually ahead of schedule, a source close to the linebacker told FOXSports.com."

LegendofKiko.jpg

"In July, budding superstar linebacker Kiko Alonso underwent season-ending surgery for a torn ACL. Alonso, though, is coming along nicely and is actually ahead of schedule, a source close to the linebacker told FOXSports.com."

LegendofKiko.jpg

Wouldn't it be just delicious if he returned late in the season. :wub:

O'HARA'S FRIDAY FOCUS: No looking back or ahead for Lions

The 2013 Lions beat the 2013 Lions as much as any opponent. The Lions have an opportunity Sunday to show that this is a different team.

Wouldn't it be just delicious if he returned late in the season. :wub:

You're tellin' me 26.

I get nearly giddy thinking about a LB trio of Bradham-Spikes-Kiko. Of course, even if he doesn't return until next year, AND Spikes moves on, we're still looking at Bradham-Brown-Kiko with Rivers as depth, which I like because Brown can manage as a 2-down LB; he cannot be on the field on 3rd downs. Kiko and Bradham are just fine playing on 3rd downs.

Now, what we do about adding another pass rushing DE is a whole different question.

Edited by thebandit27