Week 5: Lions' Game Preparation

26CornerBlitz

@Lions

#Lions rank 4th in the @NFL on third downs - both on offense (52.4%) and defense (34%). #OnePride

Through a quarter of the season, Matthew Stafford ranks fourth in the @NFL with 1,176 passing yards. #OnePride

With the first month of @NFL season complete, look back at the top 5 #Lions highlights so far: http://bit.ly/1u8MTMv

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calvin Johnson seems to be pretty banged up, and Matt stafford was limping last week.

I really hope Schwartz can get the defense up to play a lights out game and we can pull out a HUGE win.

Bush scares me on big plays

Seriously.

I'm waiting for the defense to disappoint. SD was the closest they came to it, but still made good adjustments mid-game and gave us a chance to come back.

Schwartz knows the Lions well. It'll be another game where the offense decides our fate.

Mid-game? More like the 4th quarter. San Diego used half the third quarter on the opening drive of the second half. D couldn't get off the field to save it's life. I'm hoping any adjustments we may have to make in Detroit are made before that happens again.

GO BILLS!!!

@Lions

Get to know this week's opponent, the @buffalobills: http://bit.ly/1mQuVxo

Orton steps into familiar scenario with Bills

It's not surprising that the situation Kyle Orton is currently in is a familiar scenario.

@paulapasche

#NFL stats: #Lions 1st in total defense, #Bills 27th in total offense; Lions 12th in total offense, Bills 10th in total defense.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@buffalobills

.@Lions Jim Caldwell on Kyle Orton: "He understands offensive football...he's been able to move the ball with the teams he's been with"

INFOGRAPHIC: Kyle Orton by the numbers http://bufbills.co/LOHyxd

By4EJNxIYAE0uQs.jpg

@AndyTWCNews

#Bills QBs with Kyle Orton as the starter. Kyle Williams and Nigel Bradham not practicing. More on @TWCNewsBuffalo.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills not practicing: Nigel Bradham, Kyle Williams, Chris Williams, Marcus Easley

@thadbrown7

Jarius Wynn in Kyle's spot on D-line so far. More of end so far but IMO best of #Bills reserve DLinemen. Giving up some lbs tho #billsmafia

Next up are Suh and Fairley on Sunday at Detroit. :unsure:

@ChrisTrapasso

J.J. Watt named AFC DPOW after his game vs. Bills in Week 4. Corey Liuget named AFC DPOW after game vs. Bills in Week 3. #InteriorOLProblems

Jim Caldwell: Orton "a very solid contributor" (07:55)

Lions head coach Jim Caldwell spoke to the media via conference call to share his thoughts on Kyle Orton, the Lions disciplined defense, and running the ball against the Bills.

@buffalobills

]Doug Marrone's post-practice presser, Re: Kyle Orton: "I did what I thought gives us the best chance to win"

Marrone on the move to Orton: "It increases the production at that position"

Marrone on DT Kyle Williams and LB Nigel Bradham: "We'll see how they progress" No timetable given for their return.

Marrone on interior O-line play: "We have to play better inside ... We've had some tough matchups there"[/size]

@AdamBenigni

#Bills Marrone: On Kyle Williams - no timetable... "We'll see how it progresses... Same with Nigel." @WGRZ

Next up are Suh and Fairley on Sunday at Detroit. :unsure:

@ChrisTrapasso

J.J. Watt named AFC DPOW after his game vs. Bills in Week 4. Corey Liuget named AFC DPOW after game vs. Bills in Week 3. #InteriorOLProblems

Jim Caldwell: Orton "a very solid contributor" (07:55)

So not only is Pears committing unarmed robbery each week, he's now handing out DPOW awards like a concierge at the Four Seasons. When will the madness end?!

Edited by GreggyT

@buffalobills

Doug Marrone: "There aren't a lot of creases in the @Lions defense right now," one of the top units in the @nfl.

Doug Marrone: "Kyle Williams (DNP, knee) is one of those players who doesn't have to practice in order to play. There aren't many of those"

@detnewsRodBeard

#Bills Orton on getting a good start: (#Lions defense) turns the game fast for them and put (teams) in predictable passing situations.

@buffalobills

The scrum around #Bills QB Kyle Orton.

By4cG8HCAAAAIGZ.jpg

@buffalobills

Kyle Orton likens the 2005 #Bears to 2014 #Bills. Great defense, dynamic playmakers. Those Bears started 1-3, finished 11-5 & won NFC North.

@BuffaloBillsPR

@BuffaloBills QB Kyle Orton is 4-0 in his career against the Lions. Here’s a look at how he fared in all four outings

By4dTc3IYAAh1Xq.jpg

@ChrisTrapasso

#Bills clearly think pretty highly of Jairus Wynn, Corbin Bryant and Stefan Charles on their DL.

None of those players can duplicate Kyle Williams' effectiveness, but healthy rotation of those three should be fine for #Bills.

Having a healthy Kyle Williams for Week 6 vs. Patriots or for months of November/December = more important than rushing him back vs. Lions.

Matthew Stafford: "It's going to be a challenge" (05:44)

Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford spoke to the media via conference call to discuss the Lions 3-1 start, their top ranked defense, and the challenge of executing their offense against the Bills.

@buffalobills

.@Fred22Jackson: "I don't focus on the changes being made. I focus on what I can do to make us better."

.@Fred22Jackson: "This isn't just about EJ. As an offense, we need to get the job done."

@detnewsRodBeard

#Bills coach Marrone: Jim Schwartz plays to the strength of the players we have; coaches appreciate him.

#Bills Marrone on Schwartz vs #Lions: He goes about his business every week the same; haven't seen anything this week that's more or less.

So not only is Pears committing unarmed robbery each week, he's now handing out DPOW awards like a concierge at the Four Seasons. When will the madness end?!

:lol: .................... :cry: