MNF: Patriots at Chiefs - 8:30 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man the AFCE looks terrible right now. In fact, looking at Brady's performance against the Raiders (who they struggled to beat) and last night has me wonder if there is even one decent QB in the AFCE right now.

It really will be interesting to see if any of the dumpster fires in our division can turn into something salvageable. :lol:

Man the AFCE looks terrible right now. In fact, looking at Brady's performance against the Raiders (who they struggled to beat) and last night has me wonder if there is even one decent QB in the AFCE right now.

Don't know if it would have mattered or not but two of their wr's were held out of the game also.

My big worry now is that I saw KC as a winnable game. Now I don't want to think about it. Obviously you take the divisional win over the conference but I have the fear that Brady will return to form in week 6 and we get routed. Just history I guess.

The Bills have a lot of issues, but stopping the run is suddenly not one of them. You didn't so much see an amazing KC team last night than a really, really, really bad NE* team...especially against the run. I'm not saying KC will be an easy game, but if Orton can just not suck too badly, it is still winnable.

Edited by LABillzFan

Nice to see so many posters acting like whipped puppies when discussing the Patriots. Good attitude to have when playing them, like you're not worthy. It's how you change the culture. :doh:

I'm one of those whipped puppies. I agree with and support this post

Nice to see so many posters acting like whipped puppies when discussing the Patriots. Good attitude to have when playing them, like you're not worthy. It's how you change the culture. :doh:

it's all Mike and Mike wanted to talk about this AM.

fi·ni·to

even the local DC guys on 570AM were on it

I've avoided being the guy proclaiming NE dead 800 times over the years. I was yawning in '06 when they got off to a slow start and everyone else was yapping about Brady's lack of WR's.

After Week 1, I tried to think of the last time they got stomped like that in the division - not including the Cassell Wildcat game or the Lawyer Milloy game. Couldn't think of one. Found a 21-0 Dolphins loss in '06.

Today I'm trying to think of the same thing without the division caveat. Can only think of a Brees-led Chargers drubbing in Foxboro '05ish. Maybe there have been a couple others - that Monday Night game in New Orleans?

Even though fans have short memories, these things really haven't happened very much. And they've happened twice in four weeks.

I still want to see them lose a big home game next week before I totally get there. But man we are getting there I think.

Lets go Orton.

Edited by BuffOrange

And a historically great TE when healthy.

The OL was very good last year. It can't just be Mankins that's the difference. OL coach?

OL coach (Dante Scarnecchia) retiring is a bigger deal than many realize. He always seemed able to put a decent o-line on the field no matter who was on the roster. Defenses are now getting consistent pressure up the middle and Brady can't get comfortable. He clearly is not mobile so he is a sitting duck. I have watched the Pats for years (I married a Pats fan and live in CT) and this is as bad as they have looked in a long, long time.

OL coach (Dante Scarnecchia) retiring is a bigger deal than many realize. He always seemed able to put a decent o-line on the field no matter who was on the roster. Defenses are now getting consistent pressure up the middle and Brady can't get comfortable. He clearly is not mobile so he is a sitting duck. I have watched the Pats for years (I married a Pats fan and live in CT) and this is as bad as they have looked in a long, long time.

Yup. I don't remember them looking this bad over a whole month ever in the Brady era, and that's been against the soft part of their schedule.

@greggrosenthal

Dante Scarnecchia should win the inaugural assistant coach of the year award in absentia.

Pats badly lost the battles in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

I knew they were having O-line problems but I thought there D was going to be pretty solid.

Chiefs RBs obviously had a great day but they also got incredible holes to run through and consistently at that.

Is the Chiefs O line really that good or are the Pats really that bad.

Pats badly lost the battles in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

I knew they were having O-line problems but I thought there D was going to be pretty solid.

Chiefs RBs obviously had a great day but they also got incredible holes to run through and consistently at that.

Is the Chiefs O line really that good or are the Pats really that bad.

I don't think so. I thought I read they had been struggling after losing guys in FA and to injury.

Their O is horrible. Their line has 2 rookies starting, they have no run game and Gronk is a shadow of his former self. He's SLOW. They have no replacement for Caps Hernandez and Brady is 37 and looks like he forgot where he left his purse.

Be that as it may, but at least one fumble and one interception were almost rookie-type mistakes. On one INT, there were three red jerseys and only one Edelman farther away from where the ball ended up. I was sitting thinking that it is one thing to speculate that Edleman ran the wrong route but there really was no route for him to run which did not intersect with at least 2 Chiefs defenders. Brady clearly looked rattled and unable to maintain/regain composure.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

The whole GM+Coach approach never provides long term success. Sooner or later, one is going to suffer. Human beings aren't great high level multi-taskers. Something inevitably slips.

New England has done a poor job of assembling talent around Tom Brady and I think that's beginning to show.

I'd argue that they are worse at player development than the Bills are in recent years.