Talented team my butt! lamp

No bills game get me depressed anymore. None.

This one did.

I felt for the garbage that we are a "talented" team or "playoff caliber" team.

I'm on the acceptance step right now. I've accepted the fact that this year is done.

We barely beat Chicago.

We beat up a mediocre team at home.

Lost badly game 3.

Despite the score, we lost bad yesterday too. We went what, 4-28 on third down conversions.

We'll be the usual 6-10 or best case scenario 7-9 this year. Only strong and talented teams make the playoffs.

Orton. Lol.

Kyle Lol Orton

I would really appreciate not having to see stuff like "what a waste of a talented team" on this site. The team is not talented. A few talented players does not make a talented roster.

Anyone agree with me? Feel like me? Look like me?

We lost badly yesterday?? Houston did pretty much nothing all day on offense save for one nice throw by Fitz for a TD.

To lose that game was inexcusable. We should have won by 10+ points easily.

And as for this team is not talented? Cmon bro, lets step away from the edge of the cliff...I'd put this roster up against virtually any other team in the NFL sans QB

Edited by matter2003

2-2 is average. If Orton is what 75% of TB thinks he is we will be ok. But I expect Orton is a shell of his former self. He has nothing to prove, played Jerrah for money, got cut & even pocketed some good coin. Now at 32 before a final retirement he comes to an outpost of the NFL, Buffalo. That's right Buffalo. A quarterback graveyard of has beens & never will be's. Orton sold out long ago. You think he has any fire left in his tank? Who does Orton want to prove? Does Orton have any incentive to put his neck out & play well? He's already made money off the Cowboys & Bills this year. Orton is a professional for sure. But let me make one argument clear, Orton came here to Buffalo because we gave him the most guaranteed money to do so.

Someone has the case of the bills you mean?

Top 5 defense? Are you being real?

C'mon man!!!

I'm pretty sure the lions offense will make our d look like a BOTTOM 5 defense. Count on that.

Also tom "petty" aka Tom Brady and his "weak" offense will make us look like a bottom 2 defense. Count on that too.

I'm surprised you guys think we have a hall of fame cast. What flavor of kool aid should I be drinking?

This guys actually does look like me. Only that I have 5 fingers, not four.

As I stated earlier, 10th overall, 8th in pts allowed, 3rd against the run, 2nd in ypc allowed, t4th in takeaways and t5th in sacks. So yeah. Looking forward to your response.

2-2 is average. If Orton is what 75% of TB thinks he is we will be ok. But I expect Orton is a shell of his former self. He has nothing to prove, played Jerrah for money, got cut & even pocketed some good coin. Now at 32 before a final retirement he comes to an outpost of the NFL, Buffalo. That's right Buffalo. A quarterback graveyard of has beens & never will be's. Orton sold out long ago. You think he has any fire left in his tank? Who does Orton want to prove? Does Orton have any incentive to put his neck out & play well? He's already made money off the Cowboys & Bills this year. Orton is a professional for sure. But let me make one argument clear, Orton came here to Buffalo because we gave him the most guaranteed money to do so.

Wow, thanks for clearing this up for us chief! Here I am thinking that he might have chose Buffalo because he saw a legit chance to take over as starter, and possibly do something with his career before he retires. I thought the prospect of having Sammy, Woods, Williams, Spiller and FJax at his disposal might be appealing. Little did he know he also has a top 5 defense on the other side of the ball!

I should have known he is just a money grubbing has been. Phew...thankfully you know everything.

What "loaded" Bears' team? Be specific.

The one with a spotty offensive line and all those top end receivers whose names no one can remember.

Wow, thanks for clearing this up for us chief! Here I am thinking that he might have chose Buffalo because he saw a legit chance to take over as starter, and possibly do something with his career before he retires. I thought the prospect of having Sammy, Woods, Williams, Spiller and FJax at his disposal might be appealing. Little did he know he also has a top 5 defense on the other side of the ball!

I should have known he is just a money grubbing has been. Phew...thankfully you know everything.

No ****. If he was just making a money grab he could have stayed in Dallas as a well paid back up without much chance to start.

I guess you don't remember what Orton did with a loaded Bears team. Nothing. He was simply average. I can't imagine he's going to do much more than EJ has. I'll be surprised if he does, but I don't see it happening.

I dont recall the loaded part. Maybe because i was ?

Orton could hold his own. but that was years ago

The one with a spotty offensive line and all those top end receivers whose names no one can remember.

No ****. If he was just making a money grab he could have stayed in Dallas as a well paid back up without much chance to start.

But here he knew he had a chance to start and was getting paid , again , even if he sat .

smart man .

If he can beat the Lions i will be the first to buy him a bottle of Gentleman Jack

Edited by 3rdand12

What claptrap in week 4. So when they were 2-0 they were one of the best teams in the league? Of course not, everything is in flux.

Bill Parcells was a blowhard, even if he was a good coach.

Yawn. At the end of the day, your record is,what you are. Talent and potential doesn't win games.

I dont recall the loaded part. Maybe because i was ?

Orton could hold his own. but that was years ago

But here he knew he had a chance to start and was getting paid , again , even if he sat .

smart man .

If he can beat the Lions i will be the first to buy him a bottle of Gentleman Jack

"loaded" on defense...when he was there the offense was horrendous, but he led them to the playoffs and won games for them.

Yawn. At the end of the day, your record is,what you are. Talent and potential doesn't win games.

Our record has us in 1st place in the AFC East

Chris Mortensen just said on Primetime that he spoke with an NFL exec last week who said that 21 out of 22 positions the Bills are as talented as any team in the NFL. They easily have a top 10, potentially top 5 defense in the league. They are loaded with talent at the RB and WR positions. It's on EJ. Period end of story. Looking forward to Sunday to see what a below average but actual NFL QB can do with this offense.

This

If Ryan Fitzpatrick was quarterbacking the Bills yesterday against Ryan Fitzpatrick on the Texans, the Bills would've won by two scores.

I thought the same thing. Isn't it ironic that the guy who replaced Fitz just got his ass whipped head to head by Fitz? And isn't it ironic that the whiners who wanted Fitz out of here because of the 4th quarter last drive interceptions, just witnessed the replacement quarterback seal a defeat with a fourth quarter last possession interception?

I hate that we lost this game, but losing to Fitzs team made it less painful for me. I might be the only person on this board who still wishes he was quarterback here, but I really do wish he was still here leading this team while the Bills searched for a more talented replacement.

Fitz plays balls out and leaves everything he has out on the field. How can you not root for that...

Edited by PolishDave

I thought the same thing. Isn't it ironic that the guy who replaced Fitz just got his ass whipped head to head by Fitz? And isn't it ironic that the whiners who wanted Fitz out of here because of the 4th quarter last drive interceptions, just witnessed the replacement quarterback seal a defeat with a fourth quarter last possession interception?

I hate that we lost this game, but losing to Fitzs team made it less painful for me. I might be the only person on this board who still wishes he was quarterback here, but I really do wish he was still here leading this team while the Bills searched for a more talented replacement.

Fitz plays balls out and leaves everything he has out on the field. How can you not root for that...

I was reading his comments all week and thinking what a great guy he was and then during the game I remembered how he is a decent scrambler and puts his head down when he runs and doesn't slide. He could not be any more likeable. Ten years from now a bills fitz jersey will be a pretty sick jersey to rock. Edited by metzelaars_lives

I was reading his comments all week and thinking what a great guy he was and then during the game I remembered how he is a decent scrambler and puts his head down when he runs and doesn't slide. He could not be any more likeable. Ten years from now a bills fitz jersey will be a pretty sick jersey to rock.

I was wishing EJ looked more like Fitz. Such a shame we could have Fitz teaching EJ.

As I stated earlier, 10th overall, 8th in pts allowed, 3rd against the run, 2nd in ypc allowed, t4th in takeaways and t5th in sacks. So yeah. Looking forward to your response.

Ill give it to u first son.

We beat an up and down team in chicago. We gave up a lot on defense this game anyway.

We beat an average team in miami.

San diego put the brakes son or else we would not be 10th overall. They went very soft towards the end

.Game 4. Fitz. Nuff said. Playing against fitz helps any defense. Period.

You really look at our team and can look me in the eye and say we have a potentiall for a top 5 defense?

This may not be the happy response you need or want. Its truth. Face it.

We lost badly yesterday?? Houston did pretty much nothing all day on offense save for one nice throw by Fitz for a TD.

To lose that game was inexcusable. We should have won by 10+ points easily.

And as for this team is not talented? Cmon bro, lets step away from the edge of the cliff...I'd put this roster up against virtually any other team in the NFL sans QB

Against any other nfl team? We are THAT good? And I'M on the edge? what are you going to think when lions score 43 to 16? Or when pats* run (notice I say run) 244 yards on us.

Honestly i dont want to bash my team. Im just tired THIS SEASON of reading how great we are....