EJ benched, Orton to start.

JÂy RÛßeÒ

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They then cut Tebow out of the league after the season was over while Orton has now gone on to sign two pretty good contracts .

The defense and running game was the key there they put tebow in expecting to get a high first rd pick and wanted Rg3 . The defense took off and they just rode it .

The defense took off....ESPN and Merrill Hoge would be so proud of themselves right now!! How was that defense in mile high against the Steelers or the Patriots?

And they traded Tebow, but don't let facts ruin a good Hoging.

Edited by Garranimal

EJ reminds me of Tony Banks.

Orton will play better than EJ. I firmly believe that if we had Orton starting yesterday we would have won that game by 17 points.

I don't blame them for giving EJ yesterday's game. He was a first round pick, and he only played 10 games last year. He wasn't horrible in most of those games. He wasn't great in our first two this year. He was okay. But the last two games he was rotten.

At some point the defense would mutiny and we'd be back to the bickering.

EJ apparently had a "mental coach." Not a good sign.

I don't think we can beat Detroit in Detroit. But the game will be better with Kyle Orton. Who knows? We could pull it out. With EJ I could not see a win under any circumstances.

I can almost feel the wind from all the EJ apologists doing their full speed backpedal.

Yesterday: "EJ! EJ! EJ! I BILLIEVE IN EJ!! DON'T BASH EJ!! STAY LOYAL TO EJ!!"

Today: "Errr....GO KYLE! GO KYLE! GO KYLE! ORTON IS DA MAN! WOOOT!!"

Collins, Van Pelt, Holcomb, Johnson, Edwards, Losman, Fitzpatrick, Manuel, now Orton...and the beat goes on.

Only, now we have an owner who will build for long term success. The putrid era of Wilson malaise is ending. We have hope for the future. Not an Orton future, a real future with a real front office, GM, coach, QB, draft team, talent investment...the good times will come. Eventually. In that I do BILLIEVE.

This is a straight up Panic Move by a Coach/GM that knows another losing season likely means they're fired with a new owner coming in.

Orton is not a starter in this league, he hasn't been for years. He's a bandaid at best! With no 1st round pick next year, all they're doing is making certain that we don't have a franchise QB for the next 2-3 yrs. It's a short-sighted, panic move is all I can say.

Is Orton going to look better handing off on that stupid read/option run up the middle play every other first down? Is he going to teach the OLine how to block? Or teach WRs to not drop passes? ....And if they do start calling different plays that are successful... isn't that still the coaches fault for giving EJ a crappy play book?

I'm not at all convinced EJ is the long-term answer. But, I know Orton isn't. I also know that yanking young QBs in and out of the line up, historically, does far more harm than good to their carrer. People can say it had to happen all they want, but it's a panic move made by people fearful of losing their jobs. I hope it works, but history shows us... it almost certainly won't.

This is a straight up Panic Move by a Coach/GM that knows another losing season likely means they're fired with a new owner coming in.

Orton is not a starter in this league, he hasn't been for years. He's a bandaid at best! With no 1st round pick next year, all they're doing is making certain that we don't have a franchise QB for the next 2-3 yrs. It's a short-sighted, panic move is all I can say.

Is Orton going to look better handing off on that stupid read/option run up the middle play every other first down? Is he going to teach the OLine how to block? Or teach WRs to not drop passes? ....And if they do start calling different plays that are successful... isn't that still the coaches fault for giving EJ a crappy play book?

I'm not at all convinced EJ is the long-term answer. But, I know Orton isn't. I also know that yanking young QBs in and out of the line up, historically, does far more harm than good to their carrer. People can say it had to happen all they want, but it's a panic move made by people fearful of losing their jobs. I hope it works, but history shows us... it almost certainly won't.

You know Orton isn't the long term answer, but EJ missed WIDE OPEN receivers. Even his completions are often low or at the expense of his WRs' ribs.

Can you teach accuracy? I don't think so. He wasn't just bad yesterday. He always abysmal. And it wasn't like he shot the lights out in SD either.

I honestly believe Orton would have won that game for us yesterday. Houston is not good.

Doug Marrone Announces QB Change (4:21)

Head Coach Doug Marrone announces a change to Kyle Orton at the quarterback position and the reasons for the move.

Doug Marrone: "We're All In to Win" (5:32)

Head Coach Doug Marrone goes in to further detail as to why the quarterback change needed to take place.

Doug Marrone: "We Have a Playoff Caliber Team." (5:18)

Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about breaking the news to EJ Manuel and also gives an update on the team's injuries.

You know Orton isn't the long term answer, but EJ missed WIDE OPEN receivers. Even his completions are often low or at the expense of his WRs' ribs.

Can you teach accuracy? I don't think so. He wasn't just bad yesterday. He always abysmal. And it wasn't like he shot the lights out in SD either.

I honestly believe Orton would have won that game for us yesterday. Houston is not good.

I'm not nearly as interested in winning a game or two extra this year. I'm more concerned about building a winning team for the next decade. Is an aging, career backup the answer?

The problem is too many people actually think we're a playoff team this year. The reality is... we're not. Maybe with a few lucky breaks we back into a wild card spot. But, that's it. From the coaching staff down to the WRs to the rookies on the line to the LBs, this is a young, inexperienced team that's still very much trying to learn to win together.

Between the Watkins trade, the Jordan Palmer fiasco, and now this move, Whaley and Marrone are really sealing their own fate here.

In my mind, unless Orton lights it up, those moves are gonna be looked upon very unfavorably in the future. I feel like the teams future just went out the window with this move.

I'm not nearly as interested in winning a game or two extra this year. I'm more concerned about building a winning team for the next decade. Is an aging, career backup the answer?

The problem is too many people actually think we're a playoff team this year. The reality is... we're not. Maybe with a few lucky breaks we back into a wild card spot. But, that's it. From the coaching staff down to the WRs to the rookies on the line to the LBs, this is a young, inexperienced team that's still very much trying to learn to win together.

Valid points

And Manuel is actively hindering them at this point. I don't think continuing to throw a guy to the wolves out there when he is CLEARLY not ready is the answer. Is there anything you can point to that shows Manuel was learning?

By the way, I would love to back into a playoff spot. Are you kidding me? That would be huge!

I dont think the staff or front office believes Orton is the long term answer either. I do believe you are right that they are in panic mode at OBD.

As for the WR's dropping balls i have to believe there is a huge confidence issue with the WR's and how they feel about EJ.

Best case scenario we are looking at a D. Anderson story with Cleveland except 10-6 gets the Bills into the playoffs this year.

Orton will come back next year as the starter and have a horrible year and Bills will draft a real QB in the 2016 Draft and he will lead us to multiple SB championships.

New Owner and new twist to an old story! Gotta believe. Enjoy the ride

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Is an aging, career backup the answer?

It's no more or less the answer than leaving Manuel in there. There are few bigger homers than me when it comes to Bills quarterbacks. I STILL think Losman got screwed. But there is no way anyone could watch Manuel play yesterday and think he just needs a few more games under his belt.

Orton wins that game yesterday. Hell, Marangi wins that game yesterday.

Though I would also argue that this is a playoff team with the right quarterback, not so much because the team is so good, but because the rest of the division is not much better.