34, 20, 21, 25, 25, 27, 23, 35, 24, 19, 27, 37, 13, 38, 36, 19

Dragonborn10

I wonder how often they had the lead, especially at home, another factor in determining how much you are going to throw.

those first few weeks they were 2-2, with only one big win. the offense scored 16, 27, 14, and 13 and many were calling for wilson to be benched. they won week 5 behind a 16 point game. they then went 1-2 with 24 point performances sandwiching a 6 point week in the middle of the 3 game stretch.

then bevell changed up the playbook some, and the light came on and they didnt score less than 20 the rest of the way, topping 50 twice.

Valid points, what was his QBR rating during that time ? Was it less than 50 ? Was it less than 20 at anytime ?

he had a 14.4 week 4, and 24.9 in there a few weeks later. a 32 and a 39 appeared in the first 4 weeks too.

i dont know how to calculate it correctly obviously but his average across the first 4 was a 40 flat, buoyed by a 78 in one game.

Edited by NoSaint

Why that is the standard he is being judged? Everyone wants him to be Wilson and win now or he is a bust. Don't agree with it at all. But that is what people want him to be.

It's a ridiculous comparison, just like comparing him to Big Ben & Brady are ridiculous comparisons.

EJ is not Wilson...Not even close...

EJ has two main issues right now...

Accuracy is the #1 issue...He's high, low, left, right...But rarely on time and in stride...He does however choose the proper receiver often, and reads Defenses better than most QB's with his experience...He has a very good grasp on this Offense and where he should be going with the ball...But it matters not when the ball is not on the money...The 3rd down pass to Woods that was behind him on his back shoulder yesterday, and the pass to Sammy when he was WIDE open are perfect examples...He's got to be on the money with those...And he's generally not...

The #2 issue is the way he breaks down under pressure...And in EJ's defense he's been under a TON of pressure these past two games...But he's terribly inaccurate when he's under pressure...And even though he's got escape-ability he's not hurting Defenses with his legs at all...Something Wilson does with regularity and with great results... B-)

The #2 issue is the way he breaks down under pressure...And in EJ's defense he's been under a TON of pressure these past two games...But he's terribly inaccurate when he's under pressure...And even though he's got escape-ability he's not hurting Defenses with his legs at all...Something Wilson does with regularity and with great results... B-)

And he will continue to see that pressure until (if he ever) shows that he can hit the needed throws.

All young QBs get the kitchen sink thrown at them. Yet, Wilson made the throws, Ben made the throws, Brady made the throws.

And he will continue to see that pressure until (if he ever) shows that he can hit the needed throws.

All young QBs get the kitchen sink thrown at them. Yet, Wilson made the throws, Ben made the throws, Brady made the throws.

the key being they eventually did.... and EJ needs to start doing it too, but its not like wilson or ben were world beaters right out of the gate. im sure seattle fans have some pretty embarrassing posts on boards about wilson calling for him to be benched in favor of flynn, because he was the vet backup

Edited by NoSaint

I see a 37, a 36, and a 38 near where EJ is at.

in the first 4 weeks of year two wilson had nice QBRs of 71, 93, and less then stellar weeks of 26 and 20.... so uneven at best, id say.

It's about a 52.5 average, so it's not bad as an average. QBR is not the end all / be all of metrics but everything being equal, it tells us we have a problem at the QB position compared to the rest of the league. I'd also suspect that PFF will do a positional performance chart, Kyle Williams will be on top of it so there will go any bias & I'll safely say EJ will be near bottom.

I'm not trying to bash the guy but when accuracy & footwork are big problems, the filament isn't going to connect no matter what comes up.

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown