Bills at Texans Postgame

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Throw may have sailed b/c EJ was hit by Watt at the release. But illegal hands down-field def could have been called. Refs will miss some." @ChrisTrapasso

This kind of glossing over stuff just frustrates me to no end...

"Refs will miss some..."

OK...sure...But on the intended receiver? When it was that blatant...I mean...There's illegal contact, and then there is "I'm going to continuously push your back shoulder WELL past 5 yards to re-route you, then run into you with both hands and body guard you with my back to the ball..." I get it that calls are missed...I really do...I also get that historically refs let some stuff go late in games...But when you have the NFL's VP of officiating going around in preseason warning teams they are going to call the illegal contact the same in every game this year?...When you have the NFL basically go on a campaign to point out that this is a point of emphasis? Then you see something like this...You just have to wonder...WTF is going on?...It's a stinking 5 yard penalty and a 1st down...But on this play the non-call nullified any chance the Bills had to pull the game out because the play resulted in an INT...It was the easiest call that ref had to make all game...And supposedly there is one ref assigned to every eligible receiver on every play...

And before any of you "devils's advocates for the sake of devils advocacy" chime in I'm not saying this was the difference in the game, or that it's the reason the Bills lost, or that it's an excuse for them losing, or any of that crap...It's about getting the freaking call right on something that was obviously blatant and is supposed to be a point of emphasis...This was not borderline...There is no one on this earth that understands the rules of football that will say it was not illegal contact...The Defender chose to initiate the contact beyond the 5 yard limit when he could have just as easily turned and ran with Woods...He pushes Woods shoulder not once but 3 times during the route, then he briefly puts two hands on Woods when Robert starts to go up to make a play on the ball...All the while with his back turned to the QB and the ball in the air...It could not possibly be more apparent that this is illegal contact...That's all I'm saying...

"Miss some?" Ya...I guess so... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

"Throw may have sailed b/c EJ was hit by Watt at the release. But illegal hands down-field def could have been called. Refs will miss some." @ChrisTrapasso

"Refs will miss some..."

OK...sure...But on the intended receiver? When it was that blatant...I mean...There's illegal contact, and then there is "I'm going to continuously push your back shoulder WELL past 5 yards to re-route you, then run into you with both hands and body guard you with my back to the ball..." I get it that calls are missed...I really do...I also get that historically refs let some stuff go late in games...But when you have the NFL's VP of officiating going around in preseason warning teams they are going to call the illegal contact the same in every game this year?...When you have the NFL basically go on a campaign to point out that this is a point of emphasis? Then you see something like this...You just have to wonder...WTF is going on?...It's a stinking 5 yard penalty and a 1st down...But on this play the non-call nullified any chance the Bills had to pull the game out because the play resulted in an INT...It was the easiest call that ref had to make all game...And supposedly there is one ref assigned to every eligible receiver on every play...

And before any of you "devils's advocates for the sake of devils advocacy" chime in I'm not saying this was the difference in the game, or that it's the reason the Bills lost, or that it's an excuse for them losing, or any of that crap...It's about getting the freaking call right on something that was obviously blatant and is supposed to be a point of emphasis...This was not borderline...There is no one on this earth that understands the rules of football that will say it was not illegal contact...The Defender chose to initiate the contact beyond the 5 yard limit when he could have just as easily turned and ran with Woods...He pushes Woods shoulder not once but 3 times during the route, then he briefly puts two hands on Woods when Robert starts to go up to make a play on the ball...All the while with his back turned to the QB and the ball in the air...It could not possibly be more apparent that this is illegal contact...That's all I'm saying...

Yeah, he undersold the importance of that non-call that directly impacted the game in a very significant way.

"Refs will miss some..."

The impact of the failure to call that obvious penalty cannot be overstated. If it had been called, we probably would be having a different conversation today. If the Bills managed to score, EJ's career and the Bills year could be drastically different.

Call me bitter, but if Tom Brady had thrown that ball against the Bills, we all know the flag would have been thrown.

The impact of the failure to call that obvious penalty cannot be overstated. If it had been called, we probably would be having a different conversation today. If the Bills managed to score, EJ's career and the Bills year could be drastically different.

Call me bitter, but if Tom Brady had thrown that ball against the Bills, we all know the flag would have been thrown.

100% correct. Thats what torques us off!!!

The Bottom Line On EJ Manuel: God gave EJ Manuel outstanding football and athletic skills. But God didn't give EJ Manuel competitive desire or ambition. EJ Manuel would rather be alone in a quiet library reading a book than playing football.

Time to move on to Orton which will improve things...for about two weeks.

Do you get your delusions from some psychotic network or do you just crap them out?

The Bottom Line On EJ Manuel: God gave EJ Manuel outstanding football and athletic skills. But God didn't give EJ Manuel competitive desire or ambition. EJ Manuel would rather be alone in a quiet library reading a book than playing football.

Time to move on to Orton which will improve things...for about two weeks.

I am going to reply only to suggest that if more people did not reply to your nonsense, you might get tired of baiting them and stop.

I am not defending EJ or praising Orton. I am only pointing out that you do not know EJ but you make ridiculous claims about him.

Bye.