Met Antoine Winfield last night

YoloinOhio

Winfield is being inducted into the OSU HOF and was honored at The Shoe last night. He stopped by some tailgates before the game. He is one of my favorite Buckeyes (and Bills). He brought it on every play. I talked to him for a minute. He said he loved playing in Buffalo. Class act.

Winfield is being inducted into the OSU HOF and was honored at The Shoe last night. He stopped by some tailgates before the game. He is one of my favorite Buckeyes (and Bills). He brought it on every play. I talked to him for a minute. He said he loved playing in Buffalo. Class act.

26CB baby!

Great player. Wish he was a Bill longer. The Bills have had a tendency NOT to re-sign their drafted CB's that have played very well during their initial contract.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

He was a little guy, but pound for pound, one of the best tacklers I have seen play. Perfect technique.

Great player. Wish he was a Bill longer. The Bills have had a tendency NOT to re-sign their drafted CB's that played very well during their initial contract.

that could change with the new regime. They did resign Mclovin, and considering how much everyone seems to diss Gilmore, I wonder what fans even want there. That will be an interesting situation.

He was a little guy, but pound for pound, one of the best tacklers I have seen play. Perfect technique.

that could change with the new regime. They did resign Mclovin, and considering how much everyone seems to diss Gilmore, I wonder what fans even want there. That will be an interesting situation.

I don't know how much of that can change with the new regime. My personal opinion of McKelvin is that he is a below average CB in the NFL and Gilmore is just average. Clements I would rank as elite during his time in Buffalo and Winfield as an above average (#1 CB).

Also in terms of the secondary and the new regime they didn't re-sign Byrd who was a pro bowl caliber safety.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Winfield was a great open field tackler. He would go low, ankles and feet. You may not make a highlight reel, the guy may fall forward for an extra yard or two, but you will make the tackle. I am amazed how many DBs don't seem to grasp such a fundamental understanding. Especially when tackling a guy who is going full speed and outweighs you by 30 pounds or more.

I don't know how much of that can change with the new regime. My personal of McKelvin is that he is a below average CB in the NFL and Gilmore is just average. Clements I would rank as elite during his time in Buffalo and Winfield as an above average (#1 CB).

Also in terms of the secondary and the new regime they didn't re-sign Byrd who was a pro bowl caliber safety.

ah, yes, I was thinking of CBs.

When I saw the name my first thought was: great run support! That's a funny first thought for a CB. I remember him evading a pulling blocker by going to the ground like a runner sliding into second base. He then popped up and made a PERFECT form tackle. The blocker just ran past him on the ground. It was almost like cheating.

He'd make my 25 favorite Bills fer sure. What an amazing player! His play vs. the run was revolutionary. Never saw a corner like that pre or post Winfield.

Tom Donahoe's biggest gaffe was signing lawyer milloy thus dooming any chance of retaining Winfield..... Just idiotic.

Go Bills!

He was in Buffalo for quite a few years, I don't think we lost him after his rookie contract, did we?

Who could know he would last for many more years in other towns? He is like London Fletcher in that regard.

I don't know how much of that can change with the new regime. My personal opinion of McKelvin is that he is a below average CB in the NFL and Gilmore is just average. Clements I would rank as elite during his time in Buffalo and Winfield as an above average (#1 CB).

I just knew we should have kept Winfield and let Clements walk.Hated that move, when it happened. You could really see the improvement in Anton that year and Nate was down trending already. They were a good pairing and the Lawyer Milloy signing did hurt the situation cap wise (RW was cash to at that point already, if memory serves me). Although it didn't hurt that first game, lol.

My brothers and I used to call him the sheepdog because on screen plays he would sort of herd everyone together and then slide in for the tackle.

I wouldnt say he was the best cover guy we've ever had but as far as tackling there was never anybody better. what a joy to watch him wrap up and drop nfl runners like it was easy.

glad to hear he was nice to a fellow Bills fan. not surprised.