Had a 6.2 this AM.

Jim in Anchorage

Been here 20 years and this was the scarcest. Usually they rumble in shake the building and leave. This one rumbled in, shook the building and instead of leaving just kept getting stronger and stronger. I was at home and prayed out loud the building would stand[i dropped my EQ insurance years ago.] O well better then hurricanes I guess. Any of you have EQ stories to share?

How close? I had two 4.2s a mile away about 2 hours apart the day after the space shuttle crashed in TX. Watched the patio door vibrating like crazy. Was the most shaking I had felt. Had a 5.2 aboti 30 mile away. That was the longest shaking I had felt, about 20-30 seconds.

How close? I had two 4.2s a mile away about 2 hours apart the day after the space shuttle crashed in TX. Watched the patio door vibrating like crazy. Was the most shaking I had felt. Had a 5.2 aboti 30 mile away. That was the longest shaking I had felt, about 20-30 seconds.

60 miles North West of here. Hard to say how long because to me it seemed like hours. I have read it was a minute. Like I say the worst part was it kept getting stronger and stronger. Never been though one that did that.

Funny you would use the :beer: emoticon, As soon as it was over I rushed to the liquor store to buy beer. Employees busy picking up booze bottles that had fallen off the shelves to the floor but the beer was safe and cozy in the cooler. Again I beat mother nature :thumbsup:

What a manly man! Did you insist upon bacon and then smoke a Marlboro red, you mountain man!?

We were living in Seattle for a 6.8. It was 3/1/01, in the AM, so we were both home. Wife said what the f**k is that? I told her it's either an earthquake or the Great Northern is running a Hudson locomotive down the driveway and into the garage!

Fortunately, no damage to the house. Some damage downtown, but considering 6.8, not as bad as I was expecting.