Bored on the plane today...

Decided to power rank the starting qb's in the NFL. Well I should clarify- the 23 guys I deemed legitimate NFL starters. And understand this is not where I am ranking these guys as all-time qb's but rather who I would want as my qb this weekend. Have at it:

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. Rodgers

4. Brees

5. Wilson

6. Rivers

7. Ryan

8. Luck

9. Foles

10. Newton

11. Stafford

12. Roethlisberger

13. Romo

14. Cutler

15. Flacco

16. Dalton

17. A. Smith

18. Kaepernick

19. Cousins

20. Palmer

21. Eli

22. Hoyer

23. Fitzpatrick

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to power rank the starting qb's in the NFL. Well I should clarify- the 23 guys I deemed legitimate NFL starters. And understand this is not where I am ranking these guys as all-time qb's but rather who I would want as my qb this weekend. Have at it:

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. Rodgers

4. Brees

5. Wilson

6. Rivers

7. Ryan

8. Luck

9. Foles

10. Newton

11. Stafford

12. Roethlisberger

13. Romo

14. Cutler

15. Flacco

16. Dalton

17. A. Smith

18. Kaepernick

19. Cousins

20. Palmer

21. Eli

22. Hoyer

23. Fitzpatrick

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. Rodgers

4. Brees

5. Wilson

6. Rivers

7. Ryan

8. Luck

9. Foles

10. Newton

11. Stafford

12. Roethlisberger

13. Romo

14. Cutler

15. Flacco

16. Dalton

17. A. Smith

18. Kaepernick

19. Cousins

20. Palmer

21. Eli

22. Hoyer

23. Fitzpatrick

He's not.

Believe me he is. What do Edwards and Manuel seem to have in common? Can't get WR's real NFL numbers. Can't put up real NFL passing numbers. Fitz was able to do it. We have a top 5 WR corps in the league talent wise. There is no excuse for them not have real NFL numbers. Manuel is literally costing Woods and Mike Williams money on their next contracts as we speak. All that being said, I wouldn't trade Manuel for Fitzpatrick but today, Fitzpatrick is a better NFL QB. Actually it's not really that close.

Believe me he is. What do Edwards and Manuel seem to have in common? Can't get WR's real NFL numbers. Can't put up real NFL passing numbers. Fitz was able to do it. We have a top 5 WR corps in the league talent wise. There is no excuse for them not have real NFL numbers. Manuel is literally costing Woods and Mike Williams money on their next contracts as we speak. All that being said, I wouldn't trade Manuel for Fitzpatrick but today, Fitzpatrick is a better NFL QB. Actually it's not really that close.

I don't believe you and he's not. I don't give a crap about Edwards or any of the other silly comparisons of EJ to previous Bills' QBs. You're just spouting more unsubstantiated garbage.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I don't believe you and he's not. I don't give a crap about Edwards or any of the other silly comparisons of EJ to previous Bills' QBs. You're just spouting more unsubstantiated garbage.

Not an EJ sucks guy. I'm very skeptical but I need to see him hit his WR's and rely less on checkdowns (I realize it's cliché at this point). Two things are true: a) Ryan Fitzpatrick was not our long-term answer at QB and they did right thing by replacing him as their starter and b) EJ Manuel has yet to perform at the level that Fitzpatrick did for us from 2010-2012). The two are not mutually exclusive my friend.

This creative redundancy is another boring thread from someone who's just bored on a plane. shakeshead.gif

This had nothing to do with Manuel vs. Fitzpatrick ya strunz. I was looking to see peoples' feedback on the rankings in general.

I'm not giving up on EJ just yet but he has shown little to nothing to this point. If he was signed as a free agent and not had any smoke blown up his ass being a 1st round pick, 9 out of 10 Bllls fans would be calling for the back-up. Just sayin'

I'm not giving up on EJ just yet but he has shown little to nothing to this point. If he was signed as a free agent and not had any smoke blown up his ass being a 1st round pick, 9 out of 10 Bllls fans would be calling for the back-up. Just sayin'

Um but he's not. That's kinda the point.

And comparing EJ to Fitz at this point is just silly. I loved Fitz but we know how that story ends. We still don't know about EJ's.

You need a new pair of football eyes if that is your assessment.

Man I really did not intend for this to be an EJ thread. With respect to EJ though, my guess is that my take on him is pretty similar to the vast majority of Bills fans: the jury is still out, I am willing to ride it out a while but my gut is that it's not happening.

You need a new pair of football eyes if that is your assessment.

If you think EJ has played at a level higher than Fitz played in say, 2010, you have lost your proverbial marbles. And PLEASE do not talk to me about their record that season. This is a vastly superior football team they have now.

Man I really did not intend for this to be an EJ thread. With respect to EJ though, my guess is that my take on him is pretty similar to the vast majority of Bills fans: the jury is still out, I am willing to ride it out a while but my gut is that it's not happening.

If you think EJ has played at a level higher than Fitz played in say, 2010, you have lost your proverbial marbles. And PLEASE do not talk to me about their record that season. This is a vastly superior football team they have now.

And I think there are a lot of guys on your list, at similar points in their career as EJ, that got doubted.

Odds are EJ won't make it. Most Qbs don't make it. But maybe if everyone got off his sack, it might be a little easier.

I'm not talking about 2010 and frankly who cares. He posted that Manuel has shown little to nothing and that's just incorrect.