Oldest bar in each state...I've only been to one

Beerball

I can check one of the list now, the Buffalo Rose Tavern in Colorado. Very quiet night compared to the picture on the website, but that entire street must be hopping on the weekends, seems to be a bar every other store front. And right down the street from the Coors brewery.

I can check one of the list now, the Buffalo Rose Tavern in Colorado. Very quiet night compared to the picture on the website, but that entire street must be hopping on the weekends, seems to be a bar every other store front. And right down the street from the Coors brewery.

I went to Golden for work about 10 years ago. Beautiful area.

Haunted? By what?

pretty much what i'd imagine a typical haunted house to look like - http://hauntedva.blogspot.com/2010/05/tavern-abingdon-virginia.html. it's almost halloween so it seems appropriate. there are also stories about civil war ghosts and numbers appearing on the rafters at night supposedly representing hospital bed numbers from when it was used for that purpose during the war.

No, The Salon was that place in The Castro. I didn't know you were like that. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

:lol:

The Saloon, of course, is in North Beach. When I left in 2006 they still had free music (sometimes a $5 cover). Been there many times. Usually had a good time there, too.

Also have been to Old Ebbitt Grill in DC (once), Palace Saloon in Fernandina Beach (once, but I will return--unless I die soon), Warren Tavern in Charlestown (once or twice), The Uptowner in Milwaukee---I think (once)---and that's it. Pretty poor performance for a self-proclaimed "bar guy". Funny thing is, with the exception of the Old Ebbitt Grill, I had no clue these were the oldest bars in the state.