Blake Bortles and Teddy Bridgewater Named Starting QBs

26CornerBlitz

St Louis was willing to move but wanted a really big price... well beyond what we gave up to the Browns. Everyone knew the Texans were taking Clowney and I suspect the Jags probably suspected that nobody would pay what St Louis wanted. Of course there is another way that BuffaloBarbarian's plan could have come to fruition - we could have drafted Patterson last year, not a taken a Quarterback and rolled with Kolb / TJax, possibly tanking the season and drafting before Jacksonville in 2014.

I don't think there was a QB there worth a tanking a season for though. To do that a player has to be a relatively sure fire can't miss type and whilst I consistently said Bortles was the one to roll with if you wanted a QB from this class he was not in that "can't miss" territory.

I'm actually more intrigued to see how Bridgewater does.... I was never as sold on him as some when he was being talked about as a top 5 pick but then it flipped and at one point it looked like he might slide out of the 1st altogether which I thought would have been too far.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it's the most painful Bills decision since benching our QB for an inexperienced prospect in the playoffs. It's like the time you ditched the plain girl who was into you in 6th grade just to watch her turn into a bomb shell in HS. But it's actually worse for those of us who knew she was going to be hot but watched our conscious self pass her up for an average girl with big breasts whose belly quickly caught up to her chest. It's just a hard one to put behind you.

im aware, I just didn't expect it to take charge in the Bortles thread as he is nothing like Wilson from what I can tell, and very much like EJ. Edited by YoloinOhio

Because it's the most painful Bills decision since benching our QB for an inexperienced prospect in the playoffs. It's like the time you ditched the plain girl who was into you in 6th grade just to watch her turn into a bomb shell in HS. But it's actually worse for those of us who knew she was going to be hot but watched our conscious self pass her up for an average girl with big breasts whose belly quickly caught up to her chest. It's just a hard one to put behind you.

Maybe it's because that inexperienced QB had won that playoff game if not for a special teams blunder, and that other QB lost his last playoff start fumbling on the Miami 1yd line? Ring any bells? :doh:

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Well that didn't take long. Think I projected sonewhere around week 5 for bortles and week 8 for bridgewater. These things tend to happen sooner than later however. Although not a rookie next will be cousins. He's outperformed RG3 but its been masked because the team is losing on defense. String a win or 2 together and its a done deal. Even without wins, its a matter of time IMO

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

The Q is a nightmarish environment for a kid to be facing on his first pro start... Absolutely horrific. If Bortles can rally the shaguars to a win there then HE IS, without a doubt, on his way to being something special... People underestimate the effect a real-deal stud QB has on a whole team.... They won't just play.. They'll play FOR HIM. -Both O and D.

Edited by #34fan

The Bills had ZERO chance to trade up for Bortles. None of the top three would move, the Bills tried. It's been documented. The Jags knew who they wanted and weren't going to let him slip past them.

link?

LOL! You realize he's only been named the starter and hasn't done anything yet, right?

I named him starter two years ago so ...

Add Foles to that list. I still want EJ to be successful, but he does not look like he is improving except with some read option plays.

As much as I don't like EJ, it will be sad if he fails because it means we are starting over again and wasted another 1st rd pick.

St Louis was willing to move but wanted a really big price... well beyond what we gave up to the Browns. Everyone knew the Texans were taking Clowney and I suspect the Jags probably suspected that nobody would pay what St Louis wanted. Of course there is another way that BuffaloBarbarian's plan could have come to fruition - we could have drafted Patterson last year, not a taken a Quarterback and rolled with Kolb / TJax, possibly tanking the season and drafting before Jacksonville in 2014.

its what needs to happen just not his year since we don't have a # 1.

If EJ stays on the Trent Edwards path then next might be the year depending on QBs of course. Pegula likes this strategy wonder if he can do it in the NFL?

im aware, I just didn't expect it to take charge in the Bortles thread as he is nothing like Wilson from what I can tell, and very much like EJ.

Please, if EJ was like Bortles we'd have our franchise. What games did you watch that made you think that?

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I think it is too early to say Bortles is a franchise Quarterback... he hasn't taken one competitive snap in anger yet. If we are going to tank a season I'd only want to do it when there is a surer thing than Bortles out there (and make no mistake I like Bortles and I think you may well be right that he will end up being the answer for the Jags). I'd want it to be when there was a Quarterback who was a consensus top 5 pick sitting there. The last 2 years there hasn't been.

link?

I named him starter two years ago so ...

As much as I don't like EJ, it will be sad if he fails because it means we are starting over again and wasted another 1st rd pick.

its what needs to happen just not his year since we don't have a # 1.

If EJ stays on the Trent Edwards path then next might be the year depending on QBs of course. Pegula likes this strategy wonder if he can do it in the NFL?

Please, if EJ was like Bortles we'd have our franchise. What games did you watch that made you think that?

they are both physically gifted QBs drafted in the 1st rd who were considered raw prospects. Are you talking about college games or pro? I haven't watched him play a pro game yet. I was referring to them coming out of college. And didn't see how RW was relevant to Bortles.

Good for you. Let me know when he actually does something in the NFL. Much less consistently.

You know what - I named him starter 2 years ago too. Two years ago I was at Ohio Stadium watching him throw 3 picks and complete fewer than half his passes and generally look lost against a terrible OSU defense. At that moment I thought he would be a ringer to start for the Jags.

The Q is a nightmarish environment for a kid to be facing on his first pro start... Absolutely horrific. If Bortles can rally the shaguars to a win there then HE IS, without a doubt, on his way to being something special... People underestimate the effect a real-deal stud QB has on a whole team.... They won't just play.. They'll play FOR HIM. -Both O and D.

What do you base this on ? Preseason?