Blake Bortles and Teddy Bridgewater Named Starting QBs

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's one thing I hope people keep in mind (but I know they won't.) Teams don't have film of Bortles right now so he might look great next week or two. The real test comes when the other DCs get the book on you.

With that defense, Jax is gonna be facing some deficits so Bortles should have an equal opportunity to get his ass handed to him by having to throw so often and putting up decent numbers by having to throw so often.

GO BILLS!!!

The Bills had ZERO chance to trade up for Bortles. None of the top three would move, the Bills tried. It's been documented. The Jags knew who they wanted and weren't going to let him slip past them.

Some people struggle with reality.

not bc of where he was picked but bc he is a rookie and is playing the same team the Bills and EJ just played

Even if Bortles plays well in their eventual loss, it's no different than lamenting that we don't have Andrew Luck.

Even if Bortles plays well in their eventual loss, it's no different than lamenting that we don't have Andrew Luck.

The lamenting is over not taking Wilson or Cousins! Buddy Nix made a colossul blunder with the TJ Graham. Slightly moving up to pick him made that pick even more weird.

The lamenting is over not taking Wilson or Cousins! Buddy Nix made a colossul blunder with the TJ Graham. Slightly moving up to pick him made that pick even more weird.

Actually, for me it dates back to JP over Rogers. Sure it's unfair, but as soon as Rogers slipped to where the Bills would have been picking in '05, it forever tied the two in my mind. It kills me to watch Rogers play sometimes. It's completely irrational, I understand that, but it always makes me shake my head.

Watched Bortles all preseason, about 6 or 7 games last year at UCF, and this past weekend in the 2nd half. I can't remember too many QB's who look this comfortable and NFL ready as a rook. The guy is gonna be something special for the Jags for years to come.

Makes me wish the Bills had traded up to 2nd overall, not 4th overall. :(

Not that I have any objection at all to Watkins. I think he's a fine football player; and could easily be the next Andre Reed.

Makes me wish the Bills had traded up to 2nd overall, not 4th overall. :(

Not that I have any objection at all to Watkins. I think he's a fine football player; and could easily be the next Andre Reed.

I don't think the Rams were going to move. The Bills offered -- clearly to take Watkins -- had they done that and Bortles goes on to be a success, it would hurt. But I don't think it was a possibility.

Everything I hear from people close to the league is that this kid has "it" and is going to be a stud. I'm excited to see what he can do.

We won't have any idea until he's had 3-5 years behind an all-pro line with pro-bowl receivers and a boss TE.

Oh yeah, and a top defense and dominant running game. And a proven OC & HC. And a good QB coach.

How did the Bortles thread circle back to Graham over Wilson? It really is in the TOS that this gets brought up in every thread.

Because it's the most painful Bills decision since benching our QB for an inexperienced prospect in the playoffs. It's like the time you ditched the plain girl who was into you in 6th grade just to watch her turn into a bomb shell in HS. But it's actually worse for those of us who knew she was going to be hot but watched our conscious self pass her up for an average girl with big breasts whose belly quickly caught up to her chest. It's just a hard one to put behind you.

Edited by Rob's House

The Bills had ZERO chance to trade up for Bortles. None of the top three would move, the Bills tried. It's been documented. The Jags knew who they wanted and weren't going to let him slip past them.

Hadn't heard that, but that's interesting considering EJ is and has been their guy. It also screams to me that EJs leash is real short.

Hmmm, tried to move up to get Bortles, signed Orton to a big contract and the Dougs jobs most likely on the line should the team falter. Yeah, book it that Orton will be starting sooner than later. Unfortunately for EJ it is 2014 and it is a win now mentality, no time to develop for 5 years as peoples jobs are on the line.

Hadn't heard that, but that's interesting considering EJ is and has been their guy. It also screams to me that EJs leash is real short.

Hmmm, tried to move up to get Bortles, signed Orton to a big contract and the Dougs jobs most likely on the line should the team falter. Yeah, book it that Orton will be starting sooner than later. Unfortunately for EJ it is 2014 and it is a win now mentality, no time to develop for 5 years as peoples jobs are on the line.

No, they tried to move up to take Sammy, not Bortles.

No, they tried to move up to take Sammy, not Bortles.

Correct. Sorry I should have made that more clear.

Add Foles to that list. I still want EJ to be successful, but he does not look like he is improving except with some read option plays.