NFL is about Coaching

bananathumb

You will never win with Marrone, Hackett and Schwartz. Hackett especially.

Just one example - but one of many. Half-yard to go and you punt to give the ball back to the gd Chargers and Rivers at the 11, when you MIGHT have made it at the 42. That's all that needs to be said, other than S's defence was horrible too. SD was short a number of guys on the O-line, yet handled Blo's front four like they were backups.

And the Buffalo Bills is stuck with these coaches, its ineffective second year QB, and a lousy draft position for next year.

New ownership won't be able to change anything for at least the next two seasons. Mostly because of the Bills draft position next year.

What coach/es would want to come to Buffalo if Marrone or any other coach is fired? Answer: none.

What coach/es would want to come to Buffalo if Marrone or any other coach is fired? Answer: none.

I have to disagree. We have a very talented D with Kiko coming back (think of him as our #1 pick) and great skill players on offense with some promising OL players. A guard or two, maybe a TE and fix the QB situation and we are a serious contender who makes a coach look like a genius. Yep, the QB part is tricky, but the rest seems pretty obvious. We may have the QB and we may not. Good coaches take jobs without having a HOF QB on board already. Great coaches find or make HOF QB's.

I've been wrong before (ask my wife), but it's a mistake to over react after one loss to a good team. We are headed in the right direction.

Disagree. Coaching is certainly important but this is a player's league and always has been.

GO BILLS!!!

To some degree there are two tiers- have a qb and don't, but within those two tiers I think coaching can go a long way separating closely matched teams

To some degree there are two tiers- have a qb and don't, but within those two tiers I think coaching can go a long way separating closely matched teams

Like I said, coaching is certainly important. And all other things being equal, yeah, a better coach would have an advantage certainly. But even you qualified your statement by alluding to the critical importance of having that certain player at that certain position.

How about this: good players will get you through times of poor coaching more than poor players will get you through times of good coaching?

GO BILLS!!!

My biggest gripe about the San Diego game was Hackett's conservative play calling in the 1st qtr/half. How many times do you have to run up the middle for no gain to start thinking about trying something else. We needed to play trying to get a big lead in the first half, not playing timidly to not lose. which will get you a loss.

Top 10 playoff teams last year had the following qb's:

P. Manning

Brady

Kapernick

Wilson

Brees

Rodgers

Luck

Foles (119 passer rating last year)

Cam

Rivers

So the league is all about coaching? I'll bet you my Barry Switzer Superbowl Ring Replica that it has WAY more to do with the QB than coaching.

Top 10 playoff teams last year had the following qb's:

P. Manning

Brady

Kapernick

Wilson

Brees

Rodgers

Luck

Foles (119 passer rating last year)

Cam

Rivers

So the league is all about coaching? I'll bet you my Barry Switzer Superbowl Ring Replica that it has WAY more to do with the QB than coaching.

Do all those QBs have "green dots" on the backs of their helmets? Outside of P.Manning, it is about coaching.

Just imagine if Ditka had a "green dot" pipeline into McMahon's headset... Boy would I like to be a fly on his helmet.

Like I said, coaching is certainly important. And all other things being equal, yeah, a better coach would have an advantage certainly. But even you qualified your statement by alluding to the critical importance of having that certain player at that certain position.

How about this: good players will get you through times of poor coaching more than poor players will get you through times of good coaching?

GO BILLS!!!

which is fair enough. i guess what i was getting at is that for the most part (barring a string of injuries, or a locker room meltdown that could probably be blamed on the coach)that the gap in talent on most rosters -- with the qb disclaimer -- doesnt typically run very wide. So a coach can make a pretty good difference if you think most teams are similar quality (again, qb disclaimer).

rarely do we get to see guys flip their philosophies upside down, but "riverboat ron" last year might be a good example of what im talking about with how big a difference making calls that truly fit your team can make.

Edited by NoSaint