Kiper on the Nuge

plenzmd1

For all you Nugent fans, this from Kipers insider piece posted today. Had Nugent listed under who was "hot" this week

Mike Nugent, Ohio State, K: He has a great leg and excellent range. His kicks were going to the goaline, at least, and sometimes three yards deep. Nugent has a chance to be a second-round pick.

Also, have seen this guys name on the board quite a bit, Has him in the category"needs to have a big game"

David Baas, Michigan, OL: Baas needs to show more athleticism and do a better job getting to the second level.

Has a kicker ever been drafted in the 1st? I couldn't imagine, as people are saying Nuge is the best to come out of college... ever.

221980[/snapback]

Janikowski was a first rounder, wasn't he?

Now that I have a name, I'll go check ( I didn't feel like going through every kicker and when they were drafted... please hold. ..

221991[/snapback]

I feel so used......

Russell Erxleben - 1979 (Saints)

Steve Little - 1978 (StL Cardinals)

Charlie Gogolak - 1966 (Redskins)

Punters:

Ray Guy - 1973 Raiders

222002[/snapback]

can i ask a serious question? How did you find that? Did you google "kickers drafted in 1st round?" I did, and no list like that.

oh, how i was expecting "I just knew it, jackass."

Actually, I did just know that one. It's so obscure that it sticks for some reason (I had to look up the years).

But, some secrets are better kept... just know that I'll be bugging you with obscure kicker and punter questions from now on..

222013[/snapback]

Why should that subject be any different?