Hackett looks like he has improved

Dragonborn10

Formations and plays look great. The guard play is still awful. Screen game looked a little better. EJ was hit and miss today. WR/TE holding penalties were killers.

I am surprised Watkins has not gotten a WR screen yet. Probably trying to protect his ribs.

Give the offense another four or five games to really gel. Try Hairston or Richardson at LG.

What is his obsession with that shotgun HB dive? Especially on that 3 and 1 with Spiller in the 4th qtr, when an I-formation dive with Dixon or Freddy or Summers or a QB sneak were wayyyy better options. We were rolling and that play just killed us.

Also, hopefully Hackett can get Watkins and Manuel on the same page, cuz once EJ starts hitting Watkins in stride on those fly routes, there will be so many more options for this offense.

Edited by Teen Insight

You're kidding right? The offense was ABYSMAL in the first half. The first half is based off of the game plan that is installed all week. That failure is a direct reflection on his ability to successfully script a recipe to beat the Chargers.

Yeah, I can't BELIEVE Hackett let three d-lineman into the backfield.

WHAT A !@#$ING IDIOT HE IS

People need to re-watch that play. As I said in another thread, Pears got pushed 3 yards into the backfield.

Re the playcalling, who knows if it is good or bad, because it is unclear if EJ (and others) are just not executing. For example, that 4th and 3 play looked great to me, and EJ just missed.

There wasn't the signs of panic as in past years. Gailey would abandon the run if the team got behind even if it was early in the game. For this game the mix of run and pass was still about the same even though the Bills were behind. And it's not as if the run game was all that effective. They had a plan and they stuck to it. They didn't panic and start going pass whacky like Gailey used to do.

But low percentage, long, sideline passes to a double covered receiver on third and short? Twice! Why? I thought with Gailey gone that stupidity would also become a thing of the past.

Yeah Hackett has improved....at least he didn't call a bull **** running play to a running back up the middle on the first play from scrimmage.....oh wait....maybe he did.......gimme a break Hackett.....does he do this just so we can make fun of him? wtf????

First possession of this game = failure = fully on the shoulders of dumbass Hackett......thought he was getting better....not so much....pissed..

I said EXCEPT for that play. EJ is holding him back as a play caller.

First series of the game and out of the half is GUARANTEED to be a run/run/pass sequence. That's not on EJ. That is weak, unimaginative play calling.

Bills are incredibly conservative. EJ is forced to throw in so many obvious passing situations... that will make him look worse than he even is. Maybe give the guy a break and let him throw on 1st down a little bit.

Edited by zow2

EJ is not a professional QB and I doubt he will ever make the leap. He doesn't see the field and cannot get the ball accurately. Very slow decision making followed by bad throws. It is time for Kyle Orton. CJ and EJ, two more first round picks that are going down the tubes.

It is time for Kyle Orton.

Orton has already proved he can't take a good team to the promised land. Get over it. We live or die with EJ like it or not. And if he plays consistently like today we die a quick death. First two games were decent. Let's see next week.