Raccoon's In The Front Yard Gophers In The Back

Dante

There pushing me to the edge(semi obscure 80s Grandmaster Flash reference). Was losing the war against the gophers in the back yard. We back onto a massive hilly field so that's where those little aholes are coming from. Tried some little dynamite looking things down the holes no success. Called Clarke in and they were successful for a few months until the neighbors next door started a major landscaping project and that seemed to reboot them. Now I've sustained two early morning attacks by, I suspect, raccoon's on my front grass. About a 5 square ft patch dug up. My lawn was perfect 8 months ago now since being double teamed by these idiots I'm getting depressed and heartbroken as I watch the destruction progress. Should I go Bill Murray/Caddyshack on the gophers and pump a thousand gallons of water down the hole? State of Cali might not like that though. Maybe they can buy me a new lawn instead. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the raccoon's?

Edited by Dante

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There pushing me to the edge(semi obscure 80s Grandmaster Flash reference). Was losing the war against the gophers in the back yard. We back onto a massive hilly field so that's where those little aholes are coming from. Tried some little dynamite looking things down the holes no success. Called Clarke in and they were successful for a few months until the neighbors next door started a major landscaping project and that seemed to reboot them. Now I've sustained two early morning attacks by, I suspect, raccoon's to my front grass. About a 5 square ft patch dug up. My lawn was perfect 8 months ago now since being double teamed by these idiots I'm getting depressed and heartbroken as I watch the destruction progress. Should I go Bill Murray/Caddyshack on the gophers and pump a thousand gallons of water down the hole? State of Cali might not like that though. Maybe they can by me a new lawn instead. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the raccoon's?

Tore up yard is likely skunks digging grubs.

get rid of the grubs.

Try a sub sonic .22 on the gophers out back. They don't usually come back from that.

Tore up yard is likely skunks digging grubs.

get rid of the grubs.

Try a sub sonic .22 on the gophers out back. They don't usually come back from that.

Ok how to rid myself of the grubs? I've joked with the wife that I'm going to have to get a good bottle of whiskey. A rocking chair and a rifle with night vision and hang out there all night and wait. Would probably do more damage than the actual gophers though.

Ok how to rid myself of the grubs? I've joked with the wife that I'm going to have to get a good bottle of whiskey. A rocking chair and a rifle with night vision and hang out there all night and wait. Would probably do more damage than the actual gophers though.

http://www.bayeradvanced.com/articles/dealing-with-lawn-grubs

You could buy an animal trap. We've had chipmunks living under our stone patio steps, and they've even climbed into the house wall. I didn't want to kill them, so I bought a small animal trap and put some feed inside. It's like a cage with doors on both ends, and when the lever in the middle is stepped on, both doors shut. I've caught 8 chipmunks this summer, which are then driven a few miles away to the same wooded area where I release them so hopefully they find each other. As soon as I open the door they run into the woods. And don't tell me about the laws, I'm taking them to an area away from houses and not killing them. There are large versions of these traps also for sale at Home Depot.

Edited by PastaJoe

Get rid of the food source. Grubs, garbage and stray fruit.

You can buy a .22 riffle or a high powered BB gun to take them out. Don't even need night vision, just a motion light on the area they inhabit.

Traps get expensive. Ammo doesn't.