Empire Sports Network

YoloinOhio

the key with being a 'shill' for a team(s) is how the content is developed and presented.

the way that Sabres show is presented is lazy and terrible. If you are going to sit back, conceive hairbrained ideas on the spot, and take callers and argue with them with the team's point of view its an unlistenable disaster.

Murphy's show is so much better because instead of pushing agendas, the content is pre-developed. Lots of interviews. Murphy is intelligent so he can monologue about the team and football for swaths of time... and they leave the Bills bubble and discuss the entire NFL.

They can have plenty of content with so much access to both organizations. Then you have the Bandits. Possibly UB Sports. Canisius and Niagara B-Ball and Football. St Bonaventure B-Ball. Bisons/Redwings/Skychiefs. Syracuse University stuff, Amerks, Elmira Jackals, Erie Otters, High School Sports, try to push East in NY and South into PA... Then feature shows on any number of those and the Bills... A Sports desk. You name it. The possibilities are endless and would be a dream for me to watch all the time. They can pull it off. Ted Black is a big broadcast guy I believe.

I just dont know the monetary logistics of launching a network (or carrying a foxsports/comcast network name), how much production is compared to viewership, ads, and if it costs to carry all those events and stuff. I also believe subscription television is on the verge of being completely changed in the next 5 years or so to more of an internet/subscription/on demand based thing.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic