The Chargers, Rivers and Antonio Gates

PS 56

Gates has been pedestrian for the last couple years. He has a great game and the national pundits and Chargers fans think he's 24 again and going to return to his pre 2010 form. Am I missing something here? I say he regresses back to pedestrian.

All I can say is I hope that last part is true. I agree with everthing before it though. In some ways it is like last week when OMG CAM WAKE THE HOFer was coming to town and how in the world will we EVER stop him??!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking over an article Bucky brooks wrote at the start of preseason, about how the big nickel is becoming trendy as a way to match up against 2wr, 2 te, 1 rb formations, something i suspect to see a lot of with the chargers talented te's such as gates, and pretty good wr's and an injured starting rb. in it, he specifically mentions that aaron williams fits the mold well as a big, physical safety who still has coverage skills. this might be how we play it.

I personally think we have the perfect team to win this game.....

You take offensive juggernauts off the field by not allowing them to get on it.....we need to pound the ball....and then pound it some more

The difference is this is a game where we need touchdowns instead of field goals

You nailed it.

If the Bills continue to have success running the ball, then they will win. However, we must get into the end zone a lot more.

You nailed it.

If the Bills continue to have success running the ball, then they will win. However, we must get into the end zone a lot more.

Just saw this re: SD Def-

Kyle Posey @The_KP_Show · 1h

Have given up a TD in every red zone opportunity & are giving up 4.9 YPP(25th.) Being 18th in on 3rd downs has been the biggest improvement