To the folks who were at the game

What was it like? I could feel the energy coming through the television and I've never wished I was at a game the way I did yesterday. Aside from the game itself, would love to hear some accounts of the tailgating and the atmosphere, what it was like during the ceremony for Ralph and seeing Jimbo, all of it!

What was it like? I could feel the energy coming through the television and I've never wished I was at a game the way I did yesterday. Aside from the game itself, would love to hear some accounts of the tailgating and the atmosphere, what it was like during the ceremony for Ralph and seeing Jimbo, all of it!

I have no voice, my ears are still ringing, and I can't recall a game in which so many people were smiling and laughing.

And we only saw one fight -- as for during the ceremony and Jimbo, personally I had goosebumps.

My voice is still scratchy. It was absolutely nuts, though we had good people around us in Sec. 336. The ceremony for Ralph was nice, with videotaped remembrances from former players like Tasker and Reed throughout the game. Jimbo's comments were short and sweet but completely conveyed the appreciation for what Mr. Wilson did for the team and the Buffalo areal. Totally satisfying experience that made the 5 hr drive home well worth it.

Edited by DerekJ

Left a little later than i wanted to and got stuck in a nasty traffic jam. Some Bills were saying on the radio they had to cut several people off in order to get to the stadium on time and avoid a fine.

The tailgate was fun as always. Seemed about the same as any other home opener.

the crowd at the game was into it from the start. there is usually a lull in the crowd after half time as most people are away from their seats. But it was very brief this time. The home opener is always pretty loud, so let's hope it carries through the season, winning should help that...

I fly out for one or two games a year- usually two. This is my 8th straight home opener and nothing has compared. It was beyond emotional and electric throughout. The play of the field kept the fans noisy throughout. I think I sat once (in section 136) the entire game....halftime. The tailgating was festive and crazy as usual, but with a new sense of hope and pride in the air. I got there at 7:45 to park in the grass lot off of Southwestern and it was already filling up and had a line of 15-20 cars. By 8:30 is was jamming; 9 was full blown. Great day; great win.

Edited by Jamie Nails

I fly out for one or two games a year- usually two. This is my 8th straight home opener and nothing has compared. It was beyond emotional and electric throughout. The play of the field kept the fans noisy throughout. I think I sat once (in section 136) the entire game....halftime. The tailgating was festive and crazy as usual, but with a new sense of hope and pride in the air. I got there at 7:45 to park in the grass lot off of Southwestern and it was already filling up and had a line of 15-20 cars. By 8:30 is was jamming; 9 was full blown. Great day; great win.

Agreed. We got in right at 9 at lot 5 & I could not believe that grass lot was packed already. The Bills lot was filled instantly at 9. I don't remember ever a game like that where the lots were filled so early. Usually it takes to 10-1030 to fill them. Also, maybe it was just in my section or where we were tailgating but I did not see anybody fighting arguing. Just seemed like a way more festive mood yesterday then in games from years past.

Completely nuts. We arrived at our parking area around 9:45 and we were one of the last to get there. These guys never let RVs park in their lot, but there were dozens of RVs in there, since there were no places left for them to go. Crazy atmosphere in the stadium -- we were in the lower bowl and rarely sat down, and my voice is still scratchy and hoarse. Awesome day.

I saw some guy wander by selling sketches of Terry and Kim Pegula...I thought that was kind of crazy...

That was Scoot Flick of Flicktures. Great artist. If you would have been at the TBDHO Tailgate you could have won one of his drawings. Hammers Lot opened @ 7am and was full by 8am only open spots where for reserved parking.

I have no voice, my ears are still ringing, and I can't recall a game in which so many people were smiling and laughing.

And we only saw one fight -- as for during the ceremony and Jimbo, personally I had goosebumps.

ill respond more when I am awake and composed better. My friend who accompanied me will hopefully respond. She never went to a large venue atomosphere other than an NCSU game.

My ears were ringing all the way back but it didn't seem as loud as some games I've been to.

That was Scoot Flick of Flicktures. Great artist. If you would have been at the TBDHO Tailgate you could have won one of his drawings. Hammers Lot opened @ 7am and was full by 8am only open spots where for reserved parking.

just want to say you're the best! Thank you so much for your hospitality. I didn't get a chance to thank you before we left! You're great hammer!

Overall, the most "into-the-game" crowd I have experienced in a decade. Not a lot of goofy stuff in the stands. Loud as hell. On Spiller's return--loudest I have ever heard the stadium including the glory years and the win over the Pats three years ago....

My boys, 15 and 13 agreed after last year's game with the Patsmwe would make it a yearly trip as I'm from Hamburg. Last year was awesome for the home opener, but can't compare to this year. Lots of misty eyes with the pre-game testimonial for Mr amd Mrs. Wilson. Jimbos ovation went on for over 90 seconds. He was a little geared up at one point.

It was funny as at a minute or so, he was like "ok guys we have a game to play". Amd I think we cheered even louder. So emotional. Living in Tampa, it's so cool to have true die hard fans that no to shut up on offense, and hit the seats, and scream every pre-game snap on defense so they cannot audible.

We have the best fans. So smart, and so rowdy.

As every year, my voice is completely gone, my boys who kids don't usually lose their voice is gone, and my challenge to all of you guys in Buffalo is, CAN YOU DO IT AGAIN?

I'm not yelling just challenging you to be as loud next week so we can have that advantage over a tough team in SD. That would be awesome.